Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:57:04 AM

Author Topic: RESET not working  (Read 9863 times)

RESET not working
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
I have installed MACH 3 under XP Pro, and followed ZEN Toolworks setup, which indicates at the end, that I need to click on the RESET button and it will stop flashing.  It does not.  I have nothing in the parallel port.  I reloade Mach 3, and without any settings I get same result.  The Mach 3 manual indicates that maybe something else was in the parallel port that could have caused this.  So I reloaded the system from the XP CD, and same results.  So I though maybe the parallel port was the issue.  So I used another computer, re-inited the disk,  and reloaded XP on it.  Then installed Mach 3 on it, with the exact same results.  I can not get it to RESET.  I did see in the Mach 3 manual, that you can click OFF LINE, and that does let it be reset.  I assume that if it is in this state, that I cannot use the parallel port.

I do not think that I need a phone call at this point, if you can point me in the right direction.  The driver board is due to arrive this week, so I will be able to plug the cable into the parallel port soon.

Any advice?  What can I test?  Thanks.......AJR
Re: RESET not working
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
I dont know what zen toolworks is, but if your reset does not work, you may have an error in the pin configuration.
Check the status bar that usually tells the cause of the problem.
The possible causes that come to my mind now are:

Reset pin, port or active low not properly set
LTP port address incorrectly set
Some limit switch not properly set and active, preventing reset
problem with watchdog or charge pump if present

Sometimes you need to save config and restart mach when you change config before trying it

Regards
Pablo
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »
OK, I went home last night, and the status line indicated that "eStop requested" so I assume that it was wanting some input.  So I went to the configuration of pins, and on the input tab, I could see that a pin was set up for estop.  So I disabled it, and now the reset is working properly.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:47:49 PM »
If you have a button connected to your Estep, maybe instead of disabling it you shoudld set it to active low. If there is no e-stop button, I suggest you install one.

Regards