Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:30:26 AM

Author Topic: DSPMC AxisWorks Configuration  (Read 15621 times)

Re: DSPMC AxisWorks Configuration
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »
hi Xavi,

the xml file section <RPM> <CountsPerRev_...> is not used by mach3.  the counts per unit (mm or inch) is entered in mach3 motor tuning window, as well as <Axis0><CountsPerUnit> fields in dspmc.xml file.

do you know the number of motor turns per mm?

eg 0.5 revs / mm x 1000 counts / rev x 4 = 2000 counts / mm

thank you
Rufi

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:43:06 AM by vitalsystem »

Offline xavi

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 09:16:08 AM »
Hi Rufi.

I don't know the motor turns/mm. I have tuned this setting with Mach3 axis calibration (under setting tabs) and used a dial gauge indicator (to give me the distance), Mach3 automatically gave me the pulse /mm.  I don't know yet how I am going to work out the backlash...  still trying to figure it out...

I am also having problem referencing the axis to its home position.
I have configured the home switch to be x-- (x-axis) and y-- (y-axis)... when i press the "Ref all home" the axis travels to the switch and once it finds it stops the program.  and the status box reads: "Limit switch triggered".   On diagnostic page both the "--Limit" and "Home Led" lights up as expected, but the program is not considering it as home switch when I tell it to home...  Any idea what might be the problem.  

Thanks

xavi
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:37:42 AM by vitalsystem »
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 09:51:13 AM »
In the dspmc.xml you can select to Ignore limit switches during homing:

<HomingIgnoreLimits>1</HomingIgnoreLimits>

that should fix your problem

Once you have figured out counts per mm, you can then move the axis manually and observe the backlash counts in the mach3 dspmc window.  then enter this backlash count value in dspmc.xml file for the selected axis.

regards,
Rufi

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:54:20 AM by vitalsystem »
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:39:12 PM »
I am having a different problem but with a similar setup. I am seeing no output to my motor drive but I checked C:\mach3 and I don't have a dspmc.xml file. In fact, I have searched my drive and I don't have one in any location. Is this something I need to download?

Thanks
Rich
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 05:31:38 PM »
dspmc.xml is not used any more. it has been obsolete for some years now.   all system configuration is done inside mach3 and dspmc plugin config screens.