Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 08:10:15 PM

Author Topic: smoothstepper install triggers error in mach  (Read 13198 times)

smoothstepper install triggers error in mach
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
today i decided to install a smoothstepper on my hardinge chnc 3 . reading others success with threading with the smoothstepper vs the parallel port . installed the ss and the driver . installed the latest ss plugin. in mach 3 loader , created a new profile (smoothstepper)
and cloned from my previous mach3turn settings. start mach, open configure plugins, check the ss plugin. under plugin control, the ss plugin menu is not there. so thought, mach3 needs to be restarted. close mach3 and get" mach error 99991 ". mach crashes. completely reinstall mach3 version 38. install plugin. clone from mach3turn. repeat the above. mach gives error message and crashes.if i do not clone the machturn profile, then the plugin is there. but all the port and pin settings are not. any solutions anybody, besides going thru  my previous mach port and pin settings and writing them all down.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: smoothstepper install triggers error in mach
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »
Tried just copying your xml to the desktop, rename and placing back in the Mach3 folder and using the loader to open it?
Hood

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
The proper proceedure is:

(first delte any SS profile you have created)

1) Clone your existing profile
2) Start Mach with that profile then select 'Function Cfg's->Reset Dev Sel...', close down the dialog that pops up
3) Close mach and restart with the new profile, it will give you the License OK screen and then ask you to select a Motion control device, Select the SS, tell it not to ask you again.
4) Close/restart Mach one more time to save these settings.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »
thanks hood, tried that didnt work.reentered all the settings manually before i read jeffs post.