Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:33:19 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 578337 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2010, 03:27:50 AM »
Sorry thats Version R3.042.036
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2010, 09:17:51 AM »

I have also received a new VFD as the old one had issues with the display.

Results:

2. On my new VFD it does nothing at all. I have ensured each parameter that was on the original unit is in the new unit.

Best of luck guys getting your units going.

Michael

Hello
I bought the same VFD one month ago, and I have same problems as you have. User bolingerbe  has the same problems (he posted earlier in this thread)

I've wrote to chai from linearmotionbearings2008 and still no answers from him, I've wrote to huanyang co. (xwdnzyp@163.com) and still got no answers.

Maybe those who coined the proverb that "avaricious pays twice", know what they talked about.

I hope that the problem can be solved, but how?
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »
Sorry to hear you guys are having dramas. The Plugin was just a patch to fix what should have been a standard Modbus interface but was obviously done incorrectly by the Huanyang Co. Did they release a new manual with the later model VFDs? Is it possible that they have modified or even fixed the Modbus interface firmware?
Can you use the Spindle talker in advanced mode and see what they are spitting out when you try and read or write registers.

Given the issues that many seem to be having I would probably spend a bit more and get a reputable brand VFD if I was to do it again. For now mine works so I'll use it till it dies then upgrade.

Offline mikie

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »
Mark,

Do me a favour, drop me your tel number (via personal message) and I'll give you a call.
I would like to discuss some findings with you.

/Michael

Offline BK

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2010, 05:23:46 AM »
Hello Michael and Mark,
Well not much luck at the moment and as with everyone finite time we can spend on these problems due to work commitments.
Tried to talk with VFD with spindle talker but no luck crashes out or does nothing, same with modbus on Mach3 well for me anyway.
As I said getting same replies from VFD with both G and F versions so know unit is replying at the moment just using Mack3 to switch spindle on and off and setting speed manually.
As soon as I have set up my new machine hopefully will find time to do some more work on this.

Mark,
Since your machine is working would you mind monitoring commands you send, Start stop etc and replies from your VFD so I can pass on a comparrison to my supplier as I buy lots from them maybe we can get an answer?

Thanks,
BK.
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2010, 01:09:55 AM »
Matty,
If you are listening any help or advice would be greatfully received.

Sorry, been off the Forum for a while and i didn't get an email saying there had been activity on this thread. Apologies for that. I'm at work at the moment but will have a read of your posts later tonight. PM me if you want and i'll send you my email address.

Cheers

matt
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2010, 04:09:51 AM »
Good to see you back Matty. Hope you've been well and getting enough sleep :)

BK I'm a bit busy for the next few days but am more than happy to do some tests as you suggest. PM me if you like and maybe between the three of us we can get to the bottom of the issues that are poping up.

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »
@Mark
Thanks. Yeah i'm getting good sleep now. I got your email a while back but haven't had a chance to look at it.

@BK
Got your PM. Will send you an email.

@Mikie
The problem with your old VFD sounds suspiciously like a EMI/EMC noice issue. Do you get a Mach3 'reset' wehn trying to sop or change the speed? When i had noise issues, after the spindle got up to a certain speed, the speed data stopped being updated and VFD wouldn't get any stop commands. Once the noise issue was fixed the commands worked fine.

It seems like the new VFD may have a slightly different MODBUS implementation. Maybe a proper implementation?? :-)

Offline Kare

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2010, 03:50:28 AM »
Hi guys, my first post on forum :)

I recently bought Huanyang VFD (1.5kW) controller from eBay with spindle. Don't know witch revision it is since there are no any markings. I have RS232 -> RS485 converter and can't get it to work. Maybe it is without necessary comm chip. Here is picture of board with display and cover off and marked in red position missing chip (U4). I also marked pins connected to RS contacts (10.3ohm each RS->pin connection).

Matty, could you please check if you have that chip on your PCB and if yes post marking of chip. I could then solder that chip on PCB myself.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:52:32 AM by Kare »

Offline Kare

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2010, 06:06:07 AM »
I've done some more research and it seems that any standard RS485 -> TTL transciver IC would be OK. MAX485 or ADM485 for example. Both have identical pinout:

1 - RO
2 - /RE
3 - DE
4 - DI
5 - GND
6 - A
7 - B
8 - VCC

What i know for sure is that pins 5-8 match PCB. 6(A) is connected to RS+ and 7(B) is connected to RS- and I measured voltage on pins 5 and 8 and it is 5V so i would probably solve my problem by soldering MAX485 or compatible on PCB. But if anyone can confirm that it would be much appreciated.