Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:29:04 PM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577488 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:27 AM »
Mark

I tried everything you said.

i entered some crazy numbers in the debounce box (100000000), also changed my connection from T to S,
disabled Modbus spindle, disabled all the other inputs but still nothing.
The only thing i noticed is that (and i don't know why) when i press F5 now thw spindle starts Mach3
doesn't freeze (i can turn on coolant for example), but when i press F5 again for stoping the spindle
i get this message and then Mach3 freezes again and i have to disconnect the usb cable to get back to normal.

this is the message i'm receiving

Could it be that my USB to RS485 cable is the G version and not the F ?
I mean the way i see it is that somehow i can send signals to the VFD but not receive.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 12:35:55 AM by Sergio-k »
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »
Update !!

Further to the actions above i completely removed my BOB from computer (25 pin cable)
and i had only connected the vfd through the usb cable but still the same problem.
This thing is driving me nuts  :'(
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2010, 04:11:26 PM »
Hi Sergio

I just had a look at your monitor.txt file and can't make heads nor tails of it.

The plugin will put mach into estop if it does not get a proper response from the VFD however should not lock it up (ie freeze that requires you to restart the program)

Are you sure you are using the correct version of .net?

The comms strings are very basic and are easily recognizable as a string of 2 byte hex numbers (ie don't display the monitor data as ascii)

I'd take a step back and just use "spindle talker" (posted on the zone from memory... I'll dig up the post) or basic serial port software to send the strings outside of mach to ensure that this side is working properly first.

Good luck

Mark

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »
Here ya go ... was on a different forum:

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f170/tips-newbie-huanyang-vfd-users-96380/index8.html

Lots of good info here to

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010, 11:33:56 PM »
Ok my turn for a question.

I've posted this in general Mach also.

When the spindle is under Mach control using the plugin I get the following issue:

If I hit the reset button within Mach it appears to send a M5 command and the spindle stops however if I hit an actual physical estop (that is recognised by mach and sets the reset button flashing), the spindle continues to run.

I am purposely not cutting the power to the VFD when an estop is hit as it is far safer and faster to initiate a controlled stop as opposed to just letting the spindle "idle down".

Am I missing a setting in Mach or elsewhere? Does it do a similar thing on you setup...

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2010, 06:02:40 AM »
Hello,

Is it the Huanyung?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/315357168-2-2KW-VARIABLE-FREQUENCY-DRIVE-INVERTER-VFD-3HP-10A-NEW-wholesalers.html

I must say that installing a VFD looks a litlle bit scary, ok i remember having the same fear with servos , you find difficult what you do not know but ?
There is something i do not understand :
You use a com/usb 485 ibut on my BOB break board sound Logic pc 2 rev 1.9 I have step dir. I was thinking that the step was in fact sending the pwm signal generated by mach3 through out 1 for step and out 2 for dir.
also i see that they speak about Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation but is this SPWM  a signal that must be send by mach 3 or we send a pwm signal which is transformed inside the VFD in SPWM?
Also is anyone that can give me VFD for the dumb (if any) document i can read ? Because actually more i learn and more it look confused.
Last I have a LAGUN FTV2 and i want to control the original 3 phases spindle motor of my mill so about 3000 RPM and not 24000 Am i on the corect thread?

Thank you
Lucien of Athens
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »
Hi Lucien

It appears to be a Huanyang from the photos and the schematic shown.

I think you are getting confused with the two different ways of controlling a VFD from Mach. In one case you talk via a serial port and RS485 converter to send commands directly to the VFD (ie no BOB just a  plugin). The other way is via a BOB and sending an analog 0 to 10vdc signal for speed and digital signal for direction, PWM is used by the BOB to create the analog signal from the pulse commands issued by Mach.

The VFD is not complicated but you do need to setup the parameters based on the spindle motor you have and the control method. You are not tuning it as in the case with a servo.

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2010, 09:41:58 PM »
thank  you for the answear

" I think you are getting confused with the two different ways of controlling a VFD from Mach"
So only 2 ways 0-10V or  rj485 so it's going to br rj45 because we want a very precise speed regulation for tapping .

Last question is it a good buy for the price given by alibaba?
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »
Is there anyway to change settings to accomodate the xin ye Vfds that are being sent out with the spindles now days?
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »
I think the easy answer is no. however if the VFd is fully modbus compliant then you don't need this plugin
'