Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 10:05:24 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577550 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »
michel pet ,

Michel,  if you would please post what you found to make your USB device work.  Please include screen shots of your port setups.

Thank you,

Bryan
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »

vhd far away from the motor controller.

19200    data 8bit   stop 1

com 3 also in the vfd.

i hope this wil help you.

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »
from the usb to rs485 i just an normal usb cable keep the cable away from the power cables en from the 485 to the vfd i just an shielded cable with the ground on the 485 but not at the vfd.
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
Well I think it is time to step back and then come back to this in a few weeks with a fresh mind.  I have 4 different types of USB-485 devices and no luck.  Almost the same results.  Now my head is hurting and I think it is time for a beer.  Thank everyone for your assistance I have not gave up just took a break before I get a big hammer out and have to buy a Hitachi VFD. :) ???
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 02:17:05 PM »
Well I think it is time to step back and then come back to this in a few weeks with a fresh mind.  I have 4 different types of USB-485 devices and no luck.  Almost the same results.  Now my head is hurting and I think it is time for a beer.  Thank everyone for your assistance I have not gave up just took a break before I get a big hammer out and have to buy a Hitachi VFD. :) ???

Take a look at Hitachi's X200 series

http://www.clrwtr.com/PDF/Hitachi/Hitachi-X200-AC-Drives.pdf
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2010, 02:18:49 AM »
Hi

I'm having trouble getting the plugin to work with my VFD.

The PD settings in VFD is :
PD001=2
PD002=2
PD163=1
PD164=1
PD165=3

I can start and stop the spindle and it's operation is fine when in manual control (PD001=0, PD002=0)
However when i switch the PD001 & PD002 to 2 i cannot start the spindle from the mach3, i always get the message "E-Stop button pressed- Emergency mode active".

In the plugins menu i entered : Com port 5 as this is my HXSP-2108G converter port from device manager, then i entered baud rate 9600
VFD address 1 i checked spindle Amps & speed DRO's but i always get a value of 99 in PD001 & 2.

Here's also my monitoring session to com port 5 using the Serial Port Monitor program, i changed it to .txt format but it's original extension is .spm

Any suggestions welcomed

Thanks
Sergio

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2010, 08:49:07 AM »
Hi Again

I managed to get the plugin to comunicate with my vfd.
I'm now receiving a value of "2" in my plugins PD001 and 002.

However when i press F5 the spindle starts and then immediately mach3 sends "external Estop requested"
and it goes in emergency state but the spindle is still running and i have to stop it from it's off button.
when i try to press RESET mach3 then goes into "no responding" and it gets frozen.
Only when i disconnect the usb cable it unfrezes.

Any help is welcomed
Sergio
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2010, 07:12:22 PM »
Hi Sergio

Are you using a Smooth Stepper? What you decribe sounds like the problems I had with EMI from the VFD freaking out the SS. I got this under control by adding a line filter to teh AC in to trhe VFD and putting a feritte core on the usb line to the SS. These VFD's are VERY noisy (EMI) and you must have good shielding and grounding otherwise you will have problems.

Good luck.

Mark
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2010, 03:24:25 AM »
Hi Mark

No i don't use a smooth stepper.
But i have allready added an EMI filter to the AC feed of the VFD and a ferrite clip on the output to spindle.

Here are some pics of my setup.

Sergio
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2010, 05:51:06 AM »
Hi Sergio

Noticed a couple of things:

You don't need Modbus spindle enabled (makes no difference on my setup)
Try putting some large values in the input debounce setting (top left in general logic configuration tab)

You could also try disabling as many inputs as possible that may be getting noise (estop, limits etc)

The fact that Mach locks up makes me thing the noise is getting back to the pc somehow... try to isolate it from the machine.

Only other thing I can see thats a bit different to my setup is that I'm usind R and S as the AC in terminls not R and T

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mark