Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:03:48 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577520 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #320 on: April 14, 2013, 08:43:27 AM »
Hi Joemac

Here are two versions of the software controllers for the USB->RS485 (Ver F) I have written and use to control the spindles on machines I sell.

VFD Controller - EXE is a program that runs the spindle without Mach3 and Controller_VFD - DLL runs the spindle via Mach3 using the M3, M4 and M5 calls together with the S calls for speed setting "M3 S20000".

Both these programs runs spindle speeds between 6000 and 24000RPM

If you want lower than 6000RPM let me know and I will change the program for you to run at lower speeds.

Hope you find it worth the effort.

Piet

Thank you Piet, I have just downloaded the files.

Your previous post indicated no soldering needed, but as I understand in the RS485 chip is missing from my inverter. I was going to order one today but stopped and decided to ask first.

Thanks for you effort on this, I am looking forward to trying it out as soon as I have this missing chip bit sorted out.

Regards,
-Joemac

Also won't work for us.
« Reply #321 on: April 14, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:41:36 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Mach3 latest version, Ethernet Smooth Stepper, Hexin USB - RS485 adapter, and Huanyang Plugin by royaumedeole

I have the plugin working but I suspect EMI is causing all of my problems.  I have different levels of reliability and unpredictability when a change to wiring and EMI protection is done.  I have given up and plan to use the spindle manually until I purchase a new USB-RS485 converter

A contributor on the Mechmate forum has done extensive testing with a similar adapter but to no avail.   All of his problems were solved with the purchase of an industrial adapter with opto-isolation.  See here:  http://www.mechmate.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11042&d=1295434719

« Reply #323 on: April 17, 2013, 08:06:21 AM »
Hi All,

I too was having major issues with the same setup until I rewired my spindle with shielded cable.  I also earthed everything back to a single star point and now I could not be happier.  I was getting false stops and Mach3 would hang as soon as the spindle started.  I shielded both ends of the spindle cable and added an earth to the spindle, PC and controller box in a star configuration.  I also cut some small ferrite cores of an old VGA cable and added one to each end of the RS 485 cable.  Please also ensure that you also use a shielded twisted 2 core cable for the RS 485.  I also added an EMI filter on the input of the VFD which connects in series between the 240v outlet (Aus) and the mains plug on the VFD.  I completed all of this at the one time, so I can't be sure which part was the most effective but it is now a totally stable and usable machine.  Please also don't forget to uncheck the 'Disable Spindle Relay' checkbox if you haven't done so already as it will prevent some of the spindle M commands from operating.

Regards,
Damon
« Reply #324 on: April 17, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
I thing i just noticed and i have no idea if it makes a differece. Your adapter similat to mine is the G version, mine is the F version. I wonder if this affects the ADDC TopNotch mentioned. I haven't heard back from him in a while.
http://www.hexin-technology.com/USB_to_Serial_Converters-Subcatalog-84.html

Try your other one that Michel has working. Mut as Mark suggested check that Maxim chip is pressed into the socket properly.

I'm gonna buy this one ...

http://www.hexin-technology.com/USB_2.0_To_RS-485_Converter-Product-255.html
« Reply #325 on: April 17, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »
T/R- to RS-
T/R+ to RS+

... and it finally worked  ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:49:10 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
« Reply #326 on: April 17, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »
It appears that my setup has stabilized.   It appears that the noise being generated was causing problems for the Dell N7010 laptop that I was using.  My daughter has just given up on a Compaq Presario R3000.  I did a complete format and installed XP Pro and Mach3.  Fired it up and have no issues since.  Go figure!!!

« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2013, 08:04:52 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I am currently using a Galil controller. I have a few issue using the plug in. The home switch are being ignored when plug in is activated, but if i remove the huanyang plug in the home switches works perfect. Does anyone have the same problem. Thanks in advance
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »
Hi,
out of interest how much extra do you pay for the mach3 RS485 "special order" VFD ?

I to was a RS485 victim with my HY 1.5kw VFD, so I ordered the MAX485CSA from ebay for like $2.07 + free shipping for 10pc's, eventually they arrived after 40 days from HK to Thailand.

Anyway I soldered the MAX485 IC onto the PCB, plugged it all back in without any smoke and with a couple of changes to VFD settings and a few more for setting up of the MODBUS in Mach3 and so far it seems to work just fine so a BIG thank you Matty Z for the Plugin and everyone else who helped figure out this issue.

Breastfed
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2013, 09:52:59 AM »