Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:17:31 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577514 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »
As far as I'm aware they ALL have RS485 connections, they're the RS+ and RS- terminals.

Were you looking for some kind of special connector? There are no standards for RS485 connections (or far too many depending on how you look at it).

What may be an issue is that they often don't have the RS485 driver chip (surface mount) fitted and you'd need to solder one in.

I had to add optocouplers for the auxillary outputs (part of an inlerlock system on my cylindrical grinder).

For those who've been thinking about adding the braking components; I've got my lathe set to 0.1s decelleration time but with PD118 (Over-voltage Stall Protection) set active (0). That gives me a pretty fast stop even from high motor rpm in top gears. You can hear the decelleration cutting in and out as the VFD limits the bus voltage.
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »
OK that helps it has the rs+ and rs-. I was looking for the Ethernet plug connection. Guess I will have to do a trial and error run to see which wires are the send and receive from the Ethernet connection from the CPU. Thanks Don 
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:28 PM »
Hello all.
I down loaded the plugin to a flash drive then copied it to the cpu that runs my cnc with 2002 windows XP. 
Then when I open Mach 3 I get a notice that reads [PluginDLL Defective Reload].
Will this run on 2002 windows XP? Oh I did try to open it on my lap top [that I down load it on first
and it opens fine.It has windows 7 do I need to up date to windows 7 or look for another cause? I also turned off the fire
wall that did not help. Thanks for any help Don
« Reply #303 on: September 18, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »
Huanyang VFD Mach3 Plugin
 It works good untill a tool change then I GET A FAULT (This action cannot complete because the other program is busy. Choose Switch to to actuate the busy program and correct the problem.) The only way it will shut down is to unplug the USB to rs485 cable.
I cannot figure out how to fix this.
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »
The Huanyang VFD controller plugin is working Mach 3 sees it and when I try to run a program it will start to work The spindle will run at the right rpm and it will start to cut. When I get to the tool change M05 it stops Mach 3 NOT THE SPINDLE. I check and Mach3 doesn't see the controller any more (99 and 99). In order to get it to go I have to turn off Mach3 unplug the usb to the controller and start all over. Can this be fixed?
« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
I don't know how to work this post thing. But I did get this problem fixed I dumped the whole thing and added extunnal controlls. All is good
« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2012, 07:16:47 AM »
Wow, what a long thread.

Just installed my new spindle, and checked the board for the 485 chip. Everything seems good, but the one thing I can't find is which USB <-> RS485 board I should buy.

There are plenty of examples of the ones I shouldn't  ;D

If I read correctly I want a board that handles the switching of receive to transmit automatically, as the plugin keeps RTS high the whole time - is this correct?
Nearly all the boards I look at seem to have RTS driven switching, so these won't work...?
E.g. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9822

Slight confused, any guidance on making a purchase in the US greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2012, 07:28:43 AM »
I've used these on work projects;

Trouble free and isolated too at a sensible price.

http://kksystems.com/english/html_files/product_pages/usb485.htm

« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2012, 07:36:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply - that's an overseas (UK) company* and I'd really like to deal with a US supplier if possible.

Steve

*Ironically I am British - but I've been living in the midwest for 15 years.
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »
OK so I just hooked up the spindle to the plugin - it seems to be working (kind of) when I load a toolpath and run it spins up and then spins down when I hit E-stop.
Front panel does not function while under Mach3 control - but I suppose that's to be expected.

The only problem is the speed of the spindle is too low - would this now be under the control of the G-code program?
Or is there a manual way of controlling the RPM via the Mach3 interface?

Thanks,
Steve