Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:01:32 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577524 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #290 on: October 25, 2011, 05:23:55 PM »
Went through a lot of pages on this forum and others like cnczone but couldn't find solution.
My problem is following:
1. I'm using 1.5kW VFD connected via 232-485 DIY adaptor to PC running Mach3 with "Huanyang VFD controller plugin" from this thread (many thanks to Matty Zee!!!)
2. I can start spindle from Mach3 clicking "Spindle CW F5" or F5 key
3. I can change spindle speed typing it or clicking + or - in "spindle speed" section.
+++ 4. I cannot stop it clicking on  "Spindle CW F5"
+++ 5. I cannot stop it pushing my red EStop button (hardware).
+++ 6. Spindle doesn't stop at program and.
7. I can stop it only clicking "Reset" (sooftware, in Much3)
+++ 8. I cannot see real RPM in "RPM" field in "Spindle speed" section

RS-232 - is native port on motherboard (not USB-232 adaptor). 232-485 adaptor is made by myself using ADM485+ADM232. Checked by oscilloscope - all signals go in right way.
In settings I can see "2" and "2" in PD001 and PD002 fields. "Spindle speed DRO" is checked, "1002" - unchecked at right.

How can I solve +++ items?

thanks,
Alexey
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:25:39 PM by alexd »
« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2011, 04:49:18 AM »
may be it'll help somebody:

Here you may find working 232-485 adaptor . I didn't use LEDs and SPs. So total cost ~2.5$

Sorry to say - I forgot to uncheck "disable spindle", and now I can start/stop/change RPM from mach3. Spindle stops when program ends.
But hardware "EStop" button still doesn't stop spindle. Thinking to make double wire directly to VFD.

Using screen designer changed "RPM" field's OEM code to 1002 and now I can see in this field real RPM coming from VFD.
Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2011, 05:38:08 AM »
You should use an output of the BOB with a relay to start and stop, I explained it in this post.
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
New member. Got my VFD today. Came with a decent engrish manual complete with error codes. Also had hot glue dabs on the sides of the ribbon connectors to make sure they stayed put. Looks like pretty good quality. I took a picture of my board and it looks like I have the RS485 chip and the relay on my board unlike many other ones. The slot for "CN4" is missing something, but it appears to be missing on every VFD pic ive seen. Will this be an issue for RS485 communication?

Also, I have my computer motherboard, stepper power supply, and stepper drives in a big 24x24x10 control box. Will I have major noise issues mounting the VFD inside it with them, or will some EMI snap on filters take care of that? Id prefer to mount the VFD in the box and keep everything together if I can do so without too much noise. Gonna have to rearrange the box a bit though. Pics attached..

« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2011, 06:13:56 AM »
From my experience, the EMI from these VFD's are transmitted along the wires. Physical separation has little effect. Make sure you have a decent toroidal ferrite on the motor wires. I wouldn't rely on those clip-on ones but i think some people have got them to work. I think you should be fine putting it on the same box. Heat/thermal issues may be a different story.
Again, this is just form my experience....

Cheers
Matt
« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2011, 12:02:02 PM »
Sounds good, thanks. Im waiting on the RS485 converter, then ill get this stuff mounted and try it out. Will post up here on how I make out.

Also, is that missing item on CN4 an issue or is that normal? The rest of the board looks complete.
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »
I think the resistor pair R8a,b and the relay K1 were meant to be in rush protection for the capacitor bank, but it should have been inline between the bridge and the positive side of the capacitors to be effective. That's why the relay has been hard wired to be energized all the time. To get around this error the have probably used high ESR capacitors in the bank.

Just been reading through this thread as I've been looking into adding the braking components.

My take on the relay and resistors is that they're part of a shorted power stage detect. If one of the half bridges has shorted out, then the resistors limit the fault current.
« Reply #297 on: June 07, 2012, 08:13:51 AM »

Has anyone managed to get this VFD to stop correctly from within Mach3

If you could post the solution it would be greatly appreciated

Roger

« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »
Ooops!!!
just uncheck  stop spindle box!!

all working now
« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
I'm sorry I'm new to this but I hsve aHuanyang Inverter #HY03D023b this does not have an rs485 connector. I was wondering if you could tell me how to wire it direct. thanks Don