Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:53:18 PM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577489 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2011, 01:31:48 AM »
Piet,

No joy, it did not work. I went through the setup for the VFD three times and your diagram for the hookup was bulletproof. Just to make sure I monitored it in a serial port monitoring program and could see your program sending data but nothing coming back.

The missing chip I am talking about is the RS485 chip. I am not sure if you have gone all the way through this discussion... it is quite long. There are other components missing here and there which would not affect communications but surely I must need the 485 chip???

Let me know what you think and I'll give it a try, but think I need the chip myself..

Thanks for the help, I would love to have that little programs running...

Regards,
-Joemac
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »
Hi Joemac

Here are two versions of the software controllers for the USB->RS485 (Ver F) I have written and use to control the spindles on machines I sell.

VFD Controller - EXE is a program that runs the spindle without Mach3 and Controller_VFD - DLL runs the spindle via Mach3 using the M3, M4 and M5 calls together with the S calls for speed setting "M3 S20000".

Both these programs runs spindle speeds between 6000 and 24000RPM

If you want lower than 6000RPM let me know and I will change the program for you to run at lower speeds.

Hope you find it worth the effort.

Piet

Piet,

are these controllers suitable for using the VFD to control 1400 and 2800 rpm motors..  (lathe spindle)

in which case I'd want to go down to very low rpm

Chris
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2011, 05:26:39 AM »
I was reading the post about the VFD plugin. It takes long time!!!

I received my VFD and it didn't have the RS485 IC so I had to buy one and solder it, then I was testing Mach3 with the plugin and with a modified screen and I can control the speed and see the RPM and current of the motor.

Until here everything was ok, but now I have the problem that when a limit switch is activated, everything stop less the spindle motor.

I was reading that using the RS485 plugin, the VFD inputs are not working.

How can I stop the spindle whith an e-stop or limit switch?

Thanks in advance
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »
I reply to myself!! :)

Its working well, now I'm using the plugin controlling the speed by RS-485 communication and the inputs to start and stop the spindle with an output of the breakout board that is connected to a relay board.

I use the NO contact of the relay to start and stop the spindle so now it stops with an external e-stop and a limit switch.

I can control the speed and see the RPM and current.

Juan
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
Hey how is everyone, I brought a 2.2kw vfd/spindle combo from lovehappy-shopping earlier this year to add to my rf45 mill after it's cnc converted
and i have also got a 3ph 2hp motor for my mill that i was hoping to control with the same vfd. I have been using it manualy and it has been
working fine, but recently i decided to get it ready for mach 3 control utilizing the Rf485 port and came across this thread. I opened it up and
it has the 485 chip installed :) but it apears to be missing the components labeled PC1 and PC2 , considering it has been working fine manualy
Does anyone think that this could be a problem without them?
here is an attached picture.

:) Cheers Brayden
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2011, 06:34:36 AM »
I don't have those components and it's working with the RS-485 plugin so no problem.

Juan
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
hello dear
  Very much to you, please, please help set up the inverter, it accelerates very slowly, please tell me what setting in charge of typing speed spindle speed?
thanks in advance
« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2011, 04:59:03 PM »
when do we get a update fore mach3 with the complete control of the vfd in mach3
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:01:06 PM by michel pet »
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2011, 03:55:02 AM »
got mine working today after soldering the new IC onto the VFD board. Works a treat. Thanks heaps for writing the plugin software. The only thing I can't sort out is the actual RPM display. Also the VFD seems to be reading the RPM incorrectly.
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
HI, I'm Joe. I was previously using Delta VFDs. Never had a problem with them connecting using RS485. And then last week I got an offer for a Chinese spindle along with a controller at "Hard to believe" price on ebay. The spindle is a 2.2kW water cooled and came with a Huanyang HY02D223B VFD.

Thanks to friends here and at woodworkforums I have set up the VFD and the spindle now works like a charm. But the RS485 comm is starting to make me go bald ??? . My VFD has all the parts (RS485 Chip and the relays n everything. No parts are missing) I could start, stop, increase/decrease speed using Spindle Talker. But somehow the Mach3 Huanyang Plugin just won't connect.

.net Framework 3.5 is installed
    plugin is installed as per the manual and Mach3 restarted (It is showing the config window but the parameter values are both 99)
    VFD settings are as folows:

PD001 - 2
    PD002 - 2

PD163 - 1
    PD164 - 1
    PD165 - 3

Does anyone have a condition similar to this where Spindle Talker works but the plugin wont?

I have another doubt. Maybe I'm wrong but the drive kinda looks "Legit" . I mean It has stickers with the company name and rating and even a hallmark and also came with the latest Huanyang Manual. Most of my friends who had got VFDs from china earlier got them with just a small sticker saying "2.2kW" and most of them had atleast one part missing. So does this mean this is a newer VFD from the same manufacturer with probably a different firmware?

Please Advice!

Joe!  :)