Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:32:54 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577497 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
Okay, seller is going to send the chips and I will get someone competant to solder in place. 
Next questions.

What gauge wire is everyone using from the VFD to the spindle, 12 or 14 stranded? 

Shielded, correct?

What method is best for the connections at the spindle? 

TIA

RT

« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
I have been playing with my new controller here and am having a lot of fun  with it.  ;) It is the 2.2kw motor and controller. I see the serial chip is missing and I am going to order one and install it. Thanks to everyone who has tracked this all down and done so much for the group.

My question is the RPM readout:

It is only getting up to 12000 or so. Should I be changing PD143 "Motor pole number" and PD144 "Rated motor revolution"? What RPM do these motors actually turn at?

Regards,
-Joemac
« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »
Hey Joemac

They run up to 24000 rpm and I've verfified mine with a tacho.
« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
Hey Joemac

They run up to 24000 rpm and I've verified mine with a tacho.

Thanks for confirming that M...

I have set my PD144 to 30000 and it now reports 24000 at full speed. Fun thing to play with if you have a bit of time.

Regards,
-Joemac
« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2011, 02:22:06 AM »
Hi

Anybody interested in my Delphi program that runs the Huanyang VFD's without having any alterations done such as chip soldering via the RS584 - F version USB-Serial? It is not a plugin yet, it runs while MAch3 is running to control the spindle.

Let me know and I will post a link to download.

Cheers

Piet
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »
Hi

Anybody interested in my Delphi program that runs the Huanyang VFD's without having any alterations done such as chip soldering via the RS584 - F version USB-Serial? It is not a plugin yet, it runs while MAch3 is running to control the spindle.

Let me know and I will post a link to download.

Cheers

Piet

Very very very interested Piet, I appreciate the offer,

Regards,
-Joemac
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Thanks, Matty Zee for this great plugin. Today we received the order converter, RS-232 to RS-485, the cheapest on ebay, does not need power, I installed the DLL, I put a two-wire shielded cable, 25 m long, (for test) and voila! works perfectly at any speed. My congratulations and thanks again.
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2011, 07:30:19 PM »
Hi Joemac

Here are two versions of the software controllers for the USB->RS485 (Ver F) I have written and use to control the spindles on machines I sell.

VFD Controller - EXE is a program that runs the spindle without Mach3 and Controller_VFD - DLL runs the spindle via Mach3 using the M3, M4 and M5 calls together with the S calls for speed setting "M3 S20000".

Both these programs runs spindle speeds between 6000 and 24000RPM

If you want lower than 6000RPM let me know and I will change the program for you to run at lower speeds.

Hope you find it worth the effort.

Piet
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:50:00 PM by pietvr »
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2011, 01:33:04 AM »
Hi Joemac

Here are two versions of the software controllers for the USB->RS485 (Ver F) I have written and use to control the spindles on machines I sell.

VFD Controller - EXE is a program that runs the spindle without Mach3 and Controller_VFD - DLL runs the spindle via Mach3 using the M3, M4 and M5 calls together with the S calls for speed setting "M3 S20000".

If you want lower than 6000RPM let me know and I will change the program for you to run at lower speeds.

Piet

Thank you Piet, I have just downloaded the files.

Your previous post indicated no soldering needed, but as I understand in the RS485 chip is missing from my inverter. I was going to order one today but stopped and decided to ask first.

Thanks for you effort on this, I am looking forward to trying it out as soon as I have this missing chip bit sorted out.

Regards,
-Joemac
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2011, 01:40:37 AM »
Hi Joemac

Piet

Thank you Piet, I have just downloaded the files.

Your previous post indicated no soldering needed, but as I understand in the RS485 chip is missing from my inverter. I was going to order one today but stopped and decided to ask first.

Thanks for you effort on this, I am looking forward to trying it out as soon as I have this missing chip bit sorted out.

Regards,
-Joemac

Joe, these should work without the chip soldered in. Some of my VFD has no chips and some has, but it still works. You need the USB->RS485 convertor though.

Just a note to remember that the DLL version works with a screen set I have made where the Stop and Reset buttons are calling script to stop the spindle. Without that the spindle will not stop when you press reset or stop.

Test it with the EXE version before working with DLL

Piet