Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:55:51 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577499 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
DaveCVI,

Thanks for the information.  The guy who wrote the Huanyang plugin is Matty Zee, and I have not seen any posts on the forum from him in sometime.  I know he has a young family and had family responsibilities. 

It would be awesome if you guys could connect and support the plugin in your screen set or vise versa.  Lots of people use the Chinese VFD by Huanyang and unfortunately when they designed the VFD they must have not understood the Modbus standard.  This is what drove the effort by Matty Zee to create the plugin.  Several developers offered to enhance the plugin but apparently Matty did not provide the source.

Anyway everyone loves being able to control the Chinese spindle via MACH3.  The only other option is to buy a more expensive VFD like Hitachi amoung several others that have implemented Modbus per the published standards.

Thanks

Russ
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »
Dave,
As one of your customers it would be good if you supported this VFD in MSM.
As the cost of these spindles and VFD make all the effort worthwhile.
Mine appears to be running very well in the tests I have been doing although I have yet to use it on a real job.
As Russ has said Matty did a good job of getting this plug-in working so its all thanks to him.
John
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
Hi,

From reading the short plug-in manual, It is not clear to me what the the real situation is. The manual says something along the lines of "the plug-in should update dro 39" ... and then it goes on to say that this doesn't work on the author's system.  ???

w/o access to the plug-in source, there is no way to see what the real issue could be. That leaves "poking at the plug-in as a black box" to see how it reacts - usually a frustrating approach.  Alas, I can't even do much that way as I don't have a Huanyang VFD.

Can someone point me to an English version of the Huanyang manual?
I have another odd Chinese VFD, and while I know this has to be a real long shot, I'd like to compare the Huanyang comm sequences to my VFD manual....

If the plug-in is updating a user space DRO (as I think I read somewhere - please excuse me for not having read all the posts in this thread), then it is easy for one to customize MSM to use the plug-ins user DRO instead of DRO 39.
That I can help with if someone wants to do that.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »
DaveCVI,

I have an english version of the Huanyang VFD manual at home.  Tonight when I get home from work I will upload the PDF.  It is posted someone on the forum either here or on CNCzone but I will save you the trouble if someone else does not beat me to it today.

Yes, we certainly understand your challenge as well as ours.  Without the plugin source we can not actually have it modified to add other fuctions, etc.  Matty did an amazing job on the plugin and it really does work.  If you have worked with Modbus you will quickly understand what they did on the implementation and how they did not apparently follow the standard.  Matty basically took all this information and would send the messages to the VFD and read information from the VFD using the information in the manual on how to format commands.  Normally this is accomplished using Modbus and a Brain or two to pull the data requested and send commands to the VFD.

As John said this is a very popular VFD because it is often bundled with the air cooled or water cooled spindles which have become so popular.  The big draw is they do not sound like the engine on a 747 aircraft. LOL

Maybe Matty Zee if pop into the forum and comment.  Thanks

Russ

« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2011, 04:41:21 PM »
DaveCVI,

Just got home and found the Hunyang VFD manual but it is like 16M.  I do not have a website to host it do you have someplace I can upload it or something.  I can ask a friend of mine who I think might have a hosting site.  This is the latest manual which is much better than the earlier versions it has all the details.

Russ
rdlarson@wowway.com

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
  • Time is the same in a relative way
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »
There is a quite recent version  of the manual here: http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf

Regards
Dave M
Cheers

David
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2011, 05:36:09 PM »
Hi,

DMBGO: thanks, I'll look at that.

CNCMAN172: If your copy is the same as the link DMBGO posted, I can get it from his link. Otherwise, if you want and you can can email it, I should be able to recv it (my email accounts have large size limits).

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
  • Time is the same in a relative way
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »
I have about 6 versions of this manual, most are missing the last section with the diagnostic error codes, this one is the most recent, and is the only one that is actually from Huanyang
Cheers
Dave M
Cheers

David
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »
DaveCVI,

That is the same version I have as well.  It is very current and is the best version I have seen on the Huanyang VFD.  If you need the older version I can send that if required.  Thanks

Russ
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
Well I found my problem with stepper stalling on Z axis.  Turns out it has nothing to do with VFD or noise as I suspected.  I'm still working on it but it has to do with motor settings.
The VFD has been working great but I have another issue.
I added proximity sensor to the top of my QC spindle  on a series 1 BP mill.  In Mach I have pulley #1 set up for 500 - 5200 rpm with varispeed setting sitting at 3300rpm.  The issue is when I switch to LO gear and spindle pulley #2 (50-499rpm) the index becomes 1/9th of actual index.  Mach just drives the motor at rpm of pulley 2 and uses "ratio" to display new rpm.  So the motor spins at 50 to 499 and the spindle is at 1/9th of that.
Is there a way to setup Mach to drive motor 0 to 100% in LO gear instead of 0 to 10% ?  Or is this a limitation of the plugin?
It seems to me that when speed is set for LO gear range mach should rescale according to the ratio in the pulley setup.  Maybe it does and instead the VFD pulgin is not using the correct data?
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks