Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:58:43 PM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577494 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2010, 02:38:37 AM »
just reading thru my manual again .. and the whole "grounding" is confusing me .. i have Earthed the VFD box do i need to earth the motor ? coz i believe the 3 wires from the VFD to the motor are power wires .

i have ordered a EMI to wire in between the AC input and the VFD box to hopefully sort the laptop touch pad from going  crazy when the motor is spinning

thanks

Justin
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »
also does anyone know how to adjust the speed of the motor from the front panel of the VFD ?

i have seen some with a variable speed knob to adjust the speed mine has the place for one but it's not there

thanks

Justin
« Reply #162 on: November 05, 2010, 09:28:46 AM »
Hi all.

Great plug in, but I get intermittent errors using it w/ my VFD.

I ger PD001&2 = 2 some times and some times I get 99/2 or 2/99 or even 99/99 w/o doing any thing, just open and closing the plugin settings page. Starting & stopping spindle works sometime but usually not 2 times in a row. I have checked all my wires and reinstalled the RS485 interface but no luck. When I can't stop the spindle I get an E-stop in Mach3 and if I try to open the settings page Mach3 crashes :(
Could my intermittent problems come from the plugin or a bad solder on the RS485 chip (I had to solder a chip in place, my VFD didn't have one)?

EDIT: I use a EMI-filter on AC-line and ferrite cores on the spindle cable.

Best regards L. Kull, Sweden
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:30:35 AM by DrLove »

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
  • Time is the same in a relative way
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 05, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
I have not had any of the issues you mention with the plugin. Your errors sound more like an RS485 comms problem, since it doesn't always read the registers on the VFD correctly. It could be an issue with the chip on the VFD, or cabling, or a problem with your RS485 convertor.

Cheers
Dave
Cheers

David
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »
hello all,

firstly a big thks for your work on mach3 plug in.

My huanyang is a hy03d023b and is now correclty controled by the plug in.
on/off and setting the speed are functional.

but The rpm speed is still to 0. (allthe options in the plug in config a on)
have I missed something ?

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »
Hey,
RadiantHeat, don't yell at us, we are in the same boat as you. We are not the manufacturer / retailer of the VFDs, this is just a forum where people can volunteer to help each other, and share their experiences.

Particularly please don't complain about the modbus plugin, this was written by an end user and generously shared with us for no personal gain.

Personally I appreciate your frustration, but a situation like this is always a possibility when you buy virtually unknown products from an unknown manufacturer, for a substantially lower price than competing well known products.
In future you would be better to do some research before you buy. Google is your friend!

Cheers
Dave
Cheers

David

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2010, 06:07:25 PM »
I am very confident that nobody on this forum has any relationship with Huanyang whatsoever. As for you annoyance with the ebay reseller and Huanyang, please feel free to take out your frustrations however you want, but we are definitely end users just like you!
Cheers

David
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »
Hello I'm quite new here :)

Is this compatible with Windows 7? As soon as I add the plugin to Mach3 it says
"

XMLNetProfile

Warning - '(cross sign)', hexadecimal value 0x18, is an invalid character. Line 1567, position 19.

"

When I open and close Mach3

Any help would be appreciated!
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »
RadiantHeat... if that is your real name!

Back off Matty Z!

We all know what ASSUME stands for.
Matt and I, plus a mate of mine all contributed to create tools and a viable way of controlling these NON Modbus units and are just end users with a bit of community spirit trying to help out ourselves as well as others who KNOWINGLY bought cheaper (hence not plug and play) VFD's from various sources in China. Neither of us has any ties or kickbacks to any manufacturer.
 BTW they are in no way a Modbus unit and the chip some are finding missing is a RS485 comms chip.

Understand your frustrations but please refrain friom venting them to those who have offered help. If you are unable or unwilling to take the risk and experimentation involved with buying one of these units can I suggest you sell it on ebay and buy a brand name instead.

If you think I'm talking *********e... do a search on my user name and you will find it pop up all over the place on various forums on this and other issues with fixes not just rants.

Enough said!

Mark

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2010, 10:41:07 PM »
Mark and Dave,
Thanks for restraint in your replies.
RICH