Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:45:54 PM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 577493 times)

Offline mikie

•  18 18
    • View Profile
Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2010, 08:43:05 PM »
I tried to get some support from Chai (Linearmotion2008) who I purchased the unit from on the fact that there was no RS485 comm on the new unit I bought.

He initially was responsive to emails and even asked the factory about the issue. when i suggested he needed to replace the board or unit he just stopped responding. All I can suggest to people buying units from the net is buy through Ebay and ensure you have the buyer protection.

I bought mine direct and paid using Paypal, but this does not provide buyer protection and he basically will not help me any further. I just bought some of the cips from the Ebay link, so if anyone within Aus needs a unit I can send one on via mail. I'll solder one to my unit as i would like to use the 485 plugin with Mach.

Well Chai has lost one customer. Next time i'll spend a little extra and buy a Siemens unit or something like that. I'm over buying Chinese goods and spending weekend after weekend fault finding crap products. Time with my kids is worth the extra cash.

Best of luck to the others that buy Huanyang.

/M
Missing components on board
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »
I have just discovered that I have a Huanyang VFD with missing items on the board.  In addition to the U4, I notice that I am also missing the large component labelled CN1 (lower left on the board).   There is also a section in the top right that has a series of holes for another item but not sure if it should be filled or not.

Could someone with a WORKING vfd (with MACH plugin operational) post a picture of the entire board so that I and others can see what should be there.  I looked at the picture posted by Kare and can see the CN1 slot filled.  Can someone supply the specs on that?

Thanks
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »
Is there anyway to change settings to accomodate the xin ye Vfds that are being sent out with the spindles now days?

Hi all.

Looking forward to testing the plugin when I have bought my spindle/VFD.

But I'm a little worried that if I order my VFD say in 2-3 month I'll get a different type of VFD that is not compatible w/ this plugin or the Mach3 standard Modbus protocol, see quote above. Is this going to be a problem?

I can't find the seller Linearmotion2008 at eBay.com, does hi go under another name now?

Best price w/ shipping to Sweden for me would be this item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATER-COOLE-MOTOR-SPINDLE-2-2KW-AND-MATCHING-INVERTER-/230490523975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATER-COOLE-MOTOR-SPINDLE-2-2KW-AND-MATCHING-INVERTER-/260623436021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_11169wt_1137

Anyone know if it's the right VFD?

Best regards L.
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »
DrLove,

I purchased the same item from lovehappyshopping as you have indicated.  However, the VFD is missing some components.  It seems that several buyers have had this issue with the Huanyang vfd.  I am currently attempting to reach this seller and see if a replacement will be issued.  As yet, I have not received a reply to two attempts.

Clayton
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply. But is it only the RS-485 interface that is missing it's all good, I'll just solder a chip in place, but if it's not even the same VFD that this plugin is made for it's another story :(
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
Hi Clayton

can you post a pic here of your board... My camera is dead and the phone pic is crap.

The lable CN1 is actually the big green terminal connectors ID the proper label is over the top of the relay which is some thing like BDQ1 or 80Q1.  Q2 is populated ... you don't need this to have a working VFD as its a optional multi output either KA or FA is missing.

Not sure what you are missing in the top right... pic will clear this up. there is a ribbon connector to the bottom board up there but nothing ould work if thats missing.

Cheers
Huanyang 2.2KW VFD Board - Missing Components
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2010, 10:10:31 AM »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help and advice.  very much appreciated.

Here is the picture of my board.  The locations of the missing items are in red.

Top Left:   CN4     - a connector I assume

Bottom Left:  GDQ1   - a relay I assume,  GDQ2 is populated to the left of it.

Middle Right:  U4   - the 485 transceiver I assume

I read the specs off the GDQ2 and it reads NAIS JQ1P-24V.  I believe it is made by Panasonic.  I would like to have the specs from GDQ1 if someone can read it for me.

Thanks, Clayton
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz187/cleyte/huangyang/board1.jpg

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:20:21 AM by cleyte »
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »
Hi Clayton

U4 is the only component that is different to my VFD. GDQ1 is a relay with a 12vdc coil from memory

Cheers
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2010, 07:28:25 AM »
Hi There, have just spent all day trying to setup my new Chinese spindle and VFD.  I desperation started to read the forums and Thank heavens found this thread, now I will get some sleep tonight.

Am using a http://www.trycom.com.tw/TRP-C06.htm and getting the same results, no feedback from the VFD and Estop a few seconds after spindle start.

Is there an update coming to the Plug-in ???

Thanks Steve 
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2010, 03:46:25 AM »
Well have learned a lot, got hold of the supplier and he says that buyers need to 'special order' from the factory prior to buying if you want Mach3 RS485 control.

I have purchased and fitted the MAX485CSA as suggested and all is working well. I did have to load some NC code to get it going, but I think that may have been because of the minimum start up speed issue? Will learn more no doubt!!! Thanks Alll for your guidance
_