Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:19:28 AM

Author Topic: Sorry for the hopefully simple basic question  (Read 4428 times)

Sorry for the hopefully simple basic question
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
I have never made a custom screen before, but need to.  I saw the tuturial on screen4, not sure if that is the right thing to use.  The main issue is I can even find the program.   I do not want to create one from scratch.  I want to just make a couple changes to the main standard screen and add some of the control pendant features onto the same screen.   I have a touch screen LCD and want to be able to jog, etc without using the keyboard and hiting tab to show the jog pendent.  I don't have spindal control, so I was just going to put the jog buttons in the spindal area and delete the spidal controls.   I assume I should make a custom screen versus modifiing the existing.  Can someone give me some real quick pointers as far as what program I use and where it is and how to do some copy and paste of the existing functions to make my custom screen. 

Thanks!
Charlie

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry for the hopefully simple basic question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:13:08 PM »
Here is the location of screen4, get that and put the contents of the zip file into the mach3 folder.  Then you can run screen4 by creating a shortcut to the screen4 .exe file on your desktop.

From there on its not that hard to work out how it works. You can always come back and ask more questions if you are stuck.

Graham

http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/Screen4.zip
Without engineers the world stops
Re: Sorry for the hopefully simple basic question
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »
OK.  I have the program running.    Trying to run it on a 64bit machine, and does not seem to respond too well.  I will have to brave the elements and go out in the shop and see if I can figure out how to do some cutting and pasting.   it looks like 1024.set is the main form?  Where are the virtual pendent controls for jogging, etc so I can copy them.