Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:19:48 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 + Galil  (Read 131648 times)

Re: Mach3 + Galil
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2007, 08:02:26 PM »
hi there, I don't know for sure, but mach folks have said that only the ethernet connection works....you could try it though...?
I think that you can do direct galil programing on the serial connection no problem....but I think you are out of luck with mach 3...

good luck....
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
Hello,
You need to get the ethernet connection fixed... serial is just to slow (Yes we have tested it and it will lock up your system). I think you have a network problem and should look into a crossover cable... test with that and see if that fixes the ping problem.

Thanks
Brian

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2007, 08:20:58 PM »
Hi, I've got a sytem using a Galil DMC 2168 Controller card (Network connection) and I'm currently using Camsoft with it.
I'm looking to change the system to Mach for it's user friendly interface (I'm biased because I've installed it on 2 machines so far).
I was hoping to use the existing controller card just for easier connection, is this possible?
How does Mach communicate with the network connection, I thought it could only use the printer port?
Also is the DMC 2168 compatible?
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2007, 08:49:56 PM »
Hi there, I am using the galil 2130 ethernet controller...it works...I looked on the galil site, I could not find a 2168 you sure it's not a 2163?  mach3 has a plugin that controls ethernet and pci galil's...the plugin is almost done but still a bit of a work in progress...at least for the lathe use that I have for it....the 21XX all have 10speed ethernet that is fine for this use....hope that helps....
Roo Trimble :)

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2007, 08:56:01 PM »
Hi Roo,
         Sorry for the typo, I had another look it's a DMC 2162.
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2007, 07:40:58 PM »
Hi Brian,

If I use the outer wheel of the shuttle with the jog mode set to step,  the movement will not stop when the wheel is released. It works great if jog is set to continuous, but goofs up if set to step. This problem arises when running the Galil plugin, no problem in PP operation. Thanks for all you do,
Jim
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2007, 07:44:37 PM »
Hi Art/Brian,

If I use the outer wheel of the shuttle with the jog mode set to step,  the movement will not stop when the wheel is released. It works great if jog is set to continuous, but goofs up if set to step. This problem arises when running the Galil plugin, no problem in PP operation. Thanks for all you do,
Jim
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2007, 08:13:24 PM »
Hi Brian,

Will you be able to do a performance test for the Galil stuff? I would like to know how it does in the small segment 3d moves, and how it compares to the other options. It appears that the PP is still the best system in terms of performance? Thanks,
Jim C.
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2007, 12:58:42 AM »
Hi Brian,   I have some stange things going on with the plugin.  With no program running if I click the spindle on, the dwell light starts to flash and the spindle button starts to flash, the dwell does not stop after the one second delay that is set,  if I click the spindle off, it goes off (button stops flashing) but the dwell is still on,  if I attempt to restart the spindle nothing happens, but the dwell light is still flashing.    Now if I run a program, I can turn the spindle on and off with no trouble, but the dwell never flashes.  Are these plugin bugs or because my system is not set up correctly?  using a DMC-2140 over TCP, Mach3  V2.51 latest plugin. Thanks for the help,
Jim

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2008, 05:10:53 PM »
Hello,

What state is the Galil DMC over ethernet plug-in in?

I'm  setting up (finally charging hard on this) a large mill to run with mach mill and need to make some decisions that are all held up on my decision of plug-in route to go.  If anyone cares to look, the thread on my particular machine is here:  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=3990.new#new

I really want a stable set up that I can run from a laptop so I've been looking at usb/ethernet connections to something that does the timing externally.  I also have a lot of limit and home switches and relay controlled devices so a parallel port really doesn't have the IO.   I also have a large camco rotary table I am adding to the machine so being able to use higher count encoders with indexes will be very helpful.  For all those reasons a galil controller over ethernet is really looking good if the plug-in is fully functional.

What about contact probing and tool setting?  I'd like to use the tp1000 probe with this.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:13:40 PM by usfwalden »