Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:01:55 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 + Galil  (Read 131654 times)

Re: Mach3 + Galil
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 02:43:43 PM »
Hi everyone!

I am also looking for a Galil solution. ;D
I downloaded Mach3 R2.0.024 and the Galil IO plugin and am getting these errors:

Am I missing something?
I am hoping to get this working on a DMC1240.
If I can get Gcode to run on it, I will gladly purchase the software.

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 10:30:22 PM »
^^Why does it say mach4?  The Galil plugin is for Mach3.
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 10:49:02 PM »
GenGuy, download the term software form Galil to check that you have the galil registerd in the system. once you have it set up and running in there software I will send you the newest plugin that I am working with :)

I just got the spindle working, homing and limits working! I should be able to do a test cut tomorrow  ;D
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »
GenGuy, download the term software form Galil to check that you have the galil registerd in the system. once you have it set up and running in there software I will send you the newest plugin that I am working with :)
Excellent, thanks Brian. I have sent an e-mail to you.
I installed the galil driver "dmcdriverdll02" and the plugin initializes correctly now.
As soon as I get a chance I'll connect to the controller and see if I can get it work.
Thanks for all your efforts! :)

Update Jan. 17, 2007:
I never did get this connected to the control. Not through any fault of the software though.
The Galil card is buried under a PC104 computer and uses the PC104 ISA interface to communicate, so I can't connect to the controller directly. It turns out that the PC104 computer doesn't come close to the requirments to run Mach3 directly on it. The machine needs to retain it's current functions so I can't risk further experiments with it. So my fun with this Galil has come to an end for now.

Thanks again Brian for your help. :)

Best of luck to all those trying to tame a Galil!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 01:59:34 AM by Genguy »
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »
Hi Brian, I have my HNC hooked up to the Galil 2130.  I noticed the date on your last post, and wondered if you have a new plugin for mach3?
I have my lathe jogging around and the limits seem to work as they should, I do have a strange symtom when i program a g1 or whatever, the move makes a series of three (always three) accells..decells, then continues with the move normally...I have tuned my drives with Galil wdsk software, and they seem perfect when jogging..any Ideas?...same on x, and z.   Also, I was wondering what would be the best way to control the turret on the HNC, would you still use a plc?...My Galil has the additional 64 I/O...would a mach3 macro work?...anyway, thoughts please...did you say homeing was working?  thanks tons, If you want any pics of my hnc project, let me know...I think everthing except the monitor/keyboard will fit in the cab on the left of the machine!

System is:
Hardinge HNC
Original Brush servos
Advanced Motion Controls servo amps (analog)
automation direct 2500ppr dif encoders
Galil 2130 3axis controller (10baset ethernet)
Galil icm 2900 breakout
Mach3, Galil plugin
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »
Send me a PM off list with your phone number and I will send you back a new plugin that should fix that problem... I will also tell you how to set the setting that I am about to add :)

www.machsupport.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 08:07:23 PM »
Roodesign,
     Post some pictures in the show and tell, your machine section please. Control cabinet and all.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 05:13:39 AM »
Hi Brian,

I am very pleased someone has taken the bull by the horns! ;D  I have a mill running a DMC1840 with JraCo software, the best words I can use to describe the software is 'functional'. I will try your plugin as soon as I have upgraded the PC in the machine (currently P2) and let you know how it goes. The JraCo software pre-processes the file to convert to the galil commands, takes about 3mins per 1000 lines of Gcode, if you make a mistake or have to restart it reprocesses the file everytime, very annoying! :(

Has an MPG been implemented with this plugin yet, this is a most useful feature.
Regards
Greg

www.cncdirect.co.za
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 07:43:11 AM »
Well Greg... I hope to have the Galil plugin working full on in a few more weeks but there is just to much work at this time :( On the other hand it will move a mill and the version that I have will home and run the spindle too!!! I need to add in softlimits and make that active in Jog mode :) and there is a bit of work that needs to be done to the inputs.

The funny part is that we are converting commands real time and at a rate of a point every .004 sec... I have no idea how they got it to work so slow!

www.machsupport.com

Offline drew

•  79 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 12:32:19 PM »
Will a usb Galil work with this plug in something likeĀ  dmc2030 ?
Thanks Drew

roodesign :
"Also, I was wondering what would be the best way to control the turret on the HNC, would you still use a plc?...My Galil has the additional 64 I/O...would a mach3 macro work?...anyway, thoughts please"
I have A HNC that I ran with an AHHA controll you should be able to Index , look for the 4 bits to match tool requested , engage the Lock , turn Index off , check LS for turret to be down , and release lock. Or you can single step the turret by Lock on, dwell .2 sec, Index on, dwell .5sec, Index off, check turret down, lock off. The lock or stop is of some type of cushion that will not catch the current tool but on the next. You can use a limit/prox switch, orig encoder or manual index to find say tool 8 (only time bit 4 active) at start up then keep track of turret position by var. This is much slower than checking the encoder on the fly but can be used with 3 fewer inputs or for Hnc with dead turret encoders.

Drew
If I had something important to say it would be here.