Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:33:44 AM

Author Topic: Three Page Lathe Screen  (Read 56595 times)

Three Page Lathe Screen
« on: December 27, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
This is version 22 of my lathe screen

Let me know what you think

Comes with all new graphic buttons for a uniform look

The New Screen zip should be unzipped to the Mach3/bitmaps folder

I have updated the screen set file it had a rogue graphic in a place that i couldn't get to it

I had to go back to a previous version to edit it in the overview page it only showed up if you had screen to fit ticked in general config

Another tip is the MPG flyout screen "TAB" it appears that it doesn't display correctly in that some info is missing but you can drag the left hand edge to show all of that screen. ;D

I have added some further features to the screen along with pictures so you can get the feel of it before installing it then finding you don't like it.

The first pic is the default page the Manual Screen

The second page is the Cycle screen this has two views

A normal toolpath display and a choice of a large toolpath display

Then there is the Diagnostic page which hopefully you won't need

Then there is the Wizards page, just one click away with the added bonus that you can save the code generated via the edit button choose another wizard i have even included the threading wizard so all the Wizards are together

The normal way to get a wizard is six clicks then another six clicks to get another

Simple plain layout that's easily changed

If you like the look you need to copy all the bitmaps from the turnaddons folder and add then to the newscreen folder along with the new button graphic for the wizard these can be added to the main graphic files attached above.

Phil

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:35:31 PM by RICH »
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
Re: Three Page Lathe Screen
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:55:21 PM »
Here are some pics

Offline Bengt

•  54 54
    • View Profile
    • Private CNC site
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »
Hi Phil,
Sorry to say it is only for *BIG* screens, my preference is to use small TFT's on lathe say 8" with TOUCH not using any kind of pen even with on-screen keyboard
Cheers
Bengt
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »
Bengt

It was NOT designed as a touch screen.

It works fine on the laptop with 14" screen

Phil

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:40:36 PM »
What's next Phil?
Looks good and will try out the latest version.
I still didn't didn't get the modified and additional turn wizards. Eventualy though!
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
Phil,
A SETTINGS button needs to be added back into the Threading Wizard. I think you may have deleted or replaced it by mistake.
RICH
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 03:07:11 AM »
Hi Rich

I believe i need to speak to Klaus because there is some problem that some elements that are on the page but do no display when the file is opened in Mach.

Another tip is you can still use the Wizards as before from the drop down screen, but i will check it out myself.

Edit I have just tried it "The Wizard" it was the same as the standard wizard there are thirteen dro's to enter figures, maybe you have a special one with all the testing you did.  ;D

Phil
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:19:43 AM by Phil_H »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 07:28:45 AM »
Phil,
Open the Simple Threading Wizard using the drop down screen. When it opens you will see that are four
buttons, Exit/Save Settings/Post Code /& Settings. If you click on the Settings button it will invoke another window
where you can set thread settings such as the infeed angle, spindle direction, pass depths, etc so there are an
additional 5  inputs besides the 13 in the first window.

That Settings button dosen't appear when the Simple Threading Wizard is invoked by your wizard screen.
See pic:

RICH

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 08:04:47 AM »
OK OK It was me  ::) ::)

I have replaced the file in the first post

There is also a small change where i have added the shuttle mode and led indicator to the screen

This has a new button graphic i have also added the wizard graphic to the zip file

I was playing with the shuttle yesterday and thought that it was great hence that was why i added it.

Phil

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 09:00:17 AM »
I'm sure i will have more comments as the screen set is used. I am playing around with the lathe indexer and the A axis
updates realy came into use.
About the only jumping around i do now is with the zeroing of the axes and i think that  needs to stay on the manual screen.
Like the Wizard button.   ;)
Goods updates so far.........
RICH