Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:51:46 AM

Author Topic: Three Page Lathe Screen  (Read 56592 times)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
Re: Three Page Lathe Screen
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »
Rich,

Unfortunately one area I am lacking in is graphics design. I can however add of change the images inside the screen to what ever is needed. Maybe someone would like to help on this and create a uniform set of images for this?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
No problem Wes, it will get done ........one of these days. Till then the original bit maps will do.
RICH
I am attaching a marked screen shot of a few other wizards, they provide for chamfering and also machining towards the tailstock.
I haven't tried them and a friend did them and i haven't tested them. Sorry for the red markings as that image was used for something else.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 11:04:23 PM »
Here are a few screen shots of some of the features for the people who asked. :)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 01:03:50 AM »
Hi Wes, Rich,

Thank you for your work on the lathe wizards. Much appreciated!

Would you please direct me where do I download the additional wizards from and how do I install them? Are they tied to the above particular screen set?

And if I may ask for something (don't know if it's the right place), I would like to have a wizard that does concave OD arc. It is the opposite of the wizard called "OD Arc 3".

Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 06:27:32 AM by RICH »

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 01:10:11 AM »
Dan,

The wizards in here are tied to this screenset. As soon as they are completed I will be creating a stand alone as well. If you are willing to test I will see what I can do to create you a wizard that does what you are looking for. Let me know. Yes please also create a new topic on your wizard request so this area is not cluttered.

Wes

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 01:19:30 AM »
Hi Wes,

OK, so where do I get the latest screen set and wizards from? If you can do the wizard I would be glad to test it.

Since you're working on this, can you please start a topic for suggestions and new wizards development?

Dan

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:21:58 AM by Dan13 »
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 04:56:53 AM »
Phil,

I hope you don't mind me adding to your work. Your layout is much easier to use than the standard set. I figured I would add a few features to it and share it so everyone could enjoy. It is far from finished however all the wizards should work fine. The ones that are finished are...

Drilling
OD Facing
ID Groove

My goal is to all all these features to all the wizards. I also have a few features planned for the threading wizard. I would much appreciate feedback on this. Please let me know if you find any bugs or would like to see something additional added. Phil if you have any issues with me furthering your work please contact me and I will have the files removed.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes thank you for asking but sure its fine by me. I also have made improvements to the screenset insofar as to me its finished but a lot of the improvements use the standard buttons so i need to make all these and they take time, they are things that allow easier control for manual operation as that's something i miss.

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 06:33:38 AM »
I created a new thread for posting wizard requests called "3 PAGE LATHE SCREEN - Wizard Requests".

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16630.msg112681.html#msg112681

RICH

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
please feel free to use my "Practical Lathe 2.0" screens if you need some of its layout or functions.

Let me know if you need any screen/wizard help from me, I have done a few of both.......

scott
fun times
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 09:04:37 AM »
Thought you or others might be interested in a program I wrote several years ago for my needs when it came to editing code for my lathe routines. Written in Visual Basic so you might have to have a VB dll file to run on some older PC's
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:06:24 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »