Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:21:12 AM

Author Topic: Three Page Lathe Screen  (Read 56587 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Three Page Lathe Screen
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »
Ok, the threading works now. I noticed you got rid of the save settings button and that the settings are saved
when you exit the wizard. I always save the settings so no strong feelings about it being eliminated. Maybe somebody else can chime in about it.
RICH

( The following is just a reminder to myself so i don't forget about it and can find it.  ;) Can inputs be added on the Simple Threading Wizard  settings screen for the three different cuts types  / two different infeed types / instead of going into configuration to change them. Config should still default back to 0 setting for both on startup. Add a button or input selection for code output from the wizard ( ie; G32  or G76 / M1076 true to false )
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
Hi Rich

New file uploaded to include save settings button

Can you be more specific of these other settings/dros as they should be easy to add to the lathe wizard.

An example would be good

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »
If they are easy to do then add them.
See page 44 in the Threading On The Lathe Manual ( in Members Docs ). It provides explaination for each of those inputs in configuration ( you will not find anything else about them). Now the code posting one is covered on page 47 of that write up ( i don't know if you can do that one). It would be nice to have them  in the wizard because all the threading options would be in one place. I am going to guess that those settings will default upon
exiting Mach.

Heck while your at it, you can add a button for the G76_threads application ( located in the mach directory ) as that one provides user info  which you would then just use / input on the settings. There is a free program called Threads which Scott included with his threading program and it is very nice to have as a flyout when your doing threading. The two files would just need to be added to the Simple Threading directory. If you want more info on this i will post. Not a necessity to have these but makes for a more complete threading operation without having to go in and out of the threading wizard.

Let me know if you need anything,
RICH

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 06:49:10 AM »
Hi Phil,
Nice screen set. I've just set up my lathe and am finding this a lot easier to use than the default.
I'm not sure if I've done something wrong in setup but there's no images in the Wizard pages although I got the bitmaps installed for the main menu pages.
Rab
http://www.cnc-toolkit.com/ - Open Source 5-axis
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »
Rainea

The graphic files are in the standard C:\Mach3\TurnAddons\Turning\Bitmaps and C:\Mach3\TurnAddons\Simple Threading (Lathe)\Bitmaps

Which is the default folder, they should appear OK

Phil

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 09:20:02 AM »
Thanks Phil,
I copied those bitmaps over to C:\Mach3\Bitmaps\New Screen
all show up fine now,
Rab

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
Phil,
Thought the A axis was complete, but the manual screen needs the  Rotation Radius  "A" input ( right hand corner in Settings tab / of  mill screen) else the graphics display won't show the A axis and you can't set a feedrate.
I'll  repost with specific info later.
RICH
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
Rich can you reply with what you want/need with one of your screenshots

Phil

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »
Hi Phil,
This is what i was talking about. But there maybe a problem and if it's true then maybe
it shouldn't be added. In the mill screen the value you input is the Z distance from the axis for feedrate compensation for a diameter. In the lathe screen you are using the Z differently than the mill so you don't want to use it's value. And  if you can substitute  or change change script to say the X not sure if it will work.

So need some clarification around this. Maybe someone can reply and enlighten us.

------------------------------
Here is a different question:
Would it be worth adding buttons to swap an axis ?
The buttons would swap and reinstate the original axis via a macro.

The screen has been modified for limited rotary, indexing via a stepper,and frankly if you wanted to do more complicated stuff the Mach MILL screen can be utilized or a page added. Just trying to think some out of the box!

RICH
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »
Phil,

Like the "big" toolpath display and decided to download the .lset and bitmap files.  Placed .lset file with the other .lset files and the bitmap files under the turnbitmas.  Screen loads however the buttons do not show.  The buttons are active if I click on spot.  Any suggestion on how to get buttons to show?