Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:55:26 AM

Author Topic: ModIO Yaskawa Pendant Project.  (Read 32046 times)

Re: ModIO Yaskawa Pendant Project.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
Dave,

Yeah there are 16 tiny pins on the device.  Here is my advice on how to proceed.  You need a very tiny pair of wire cutters, sometimes you can find very tiny ones that are pointed in nail sets or if you have access to an electronic supply store.  You do not want the pair you would find at Home Depot way too big. New you will clip the leads one at a time and carefully use a tiny screw driver or pointed instrument to turn the legs up.  When you get done the device will release from the board but you will be left with cut legs soldered to the board.  Then you will need a tiny pair of tweesers and you will heat each joint one at a time and remove the severed leg.  This will make the unit ready for the replacement part.  I can look around again and see if I can find the MAXIM device but this is probably going to be very difficult.  You can actually solder a tiny surface mount three terminal regulator that handles 5V @ 1A in place of the MAXIM device.

Do you have a tiny soldering iron?  Where do you live?  Do you know anyone who has SMT soldering equipment?  Lots of options available, just depends on your techical ability.  Surface mount parts are repairable and replaceable but you must have a magnifier glass and a steady hand and PATIENCE.  LOL

Russ
 :D
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »
Russ, I live in NJ, USA. Please tell me you're in the US too...I would have no problem sending it to you and paying you for it if you would be interested. I just found out a mainboard fried on the machine too so now I have that to worry about. By the time I locate the equipment and all you'd probably have it done lol. Let me know. Thanks for all your help, Dave
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »
Dave,

I live in Columbus Ohio area so not that far away.  LOL.  Send me an email at this address rdlarson@wowway.com

Russ
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 09:11:23 AM »
Russ, for some reason your email keeps kicking back mine, I get a delivery failure. Have another email address?
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 11:40:38 AM »
Dave,

Got your emails and photos, so not sure why Wowway is sending you those kind of messages.  Let me know if you getting my responses and if that is not working I will send you another email address.

Russ

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 11:01:13 AM »
Hi Russ and Dave,

Just curious here....

I was wondering how this situation turned out.  Were the parts able to be repaired or replaced?

Was the problem solved?   If so, I'd like to know the story's conclusion.   ;)

Thanks,

John Meissner
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 05:15:51 PM »
John, Yes, Russ was able to help me out. If I remember correctly, the part he needed was obsolete but he was able to rig something else to work....and it is still working to this day. If you can get a hold of him he can probably tell you more....
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
Bloy,

Sorry I did not see this post from long ago.  I did fix that pendant and others.  I am working on the MACH4 implementation of the same pendant right now.

Russ