Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:06:19 AM

Author Topic: Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )  (Read 189184 times)

ynneb

Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:27:40 PM »
I am trying to build a collection of all post processors for many CAM programs.
I was hoping if you had any I could use, you could upload them to this thread.
I will then host then in the new section here http://www.machsupport.com/cam.htm

Thanks for your help.

Benny

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 12:04:58 AM »
Here's my lathe post for Surfcam, seems to work well for me anyway.
Dave.

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 12:17:31 AM »
Thanks for that, I have linked it already.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 07:30:13 AM »
Here the one I'm using with mastercamX, it only does 3 axis though and I've limited the feed to 800mm/min.

Edit (6/12/06) changed the work offsets in the post to work in Mach, will now do G59P7 etc.

Sorry I can't attach the post as .pst file so you will have to change the .txt to .pst after downloading
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 03:31:43 PM by creep_pea »
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 01:49:33 AM »
Sorry I'm a little slow and this being my first post can be deemed a a Silly Question....

I'm running a dayton Machine with Mach3 and I don't believe I have a post....  what does this mean ?.....

Lets say that I load MasterCam or Rhino or oneCNC etc... are you guys saying that my router wont work cause I don't have a "POST"  If this is the case How do I know what post will work with my router???
Salty

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 04:02:17 AM »
Thanks Creep pea.

Salty the post procesor relates to your CAM program, and your machine.
The CAM program you use will export the gcode out in such a way that it is suited to your machine. This exporting method is called a post processor.
You need to find the post processor that will export form your CAM program to a suitable format for Mach3.

What CAM program do you use?
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 12:51:24 PM »
I'm currently using Mach3 but hoping to use masterCam to drive my router..

Mach3 is loaded to the computer signal comes out of the parallel port to the stepper Amps, which intern drive the stepper motors, 

I notice that Mc9.1 or Mc-X come with a router option does this mean it shouldwork on my router ???\

will the Post proc. that is listed here drive my machine
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 04:56:52 PM »
Mastercam will be fine for your router, I think you are getting confused though, it won't drive your router but it will write the G code program that you can then run in Mach3.
The post processor that I listed should be fine as long as you only got X, Y & Z axes, if you've got more the standard fanuc post processors work well but seam to mess up when using drilling cycles (G81 etc).

Good Luck

Chris
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 08:35:27 AM »
thanks for that I am able to "post" my file in MC9.1 and it says it is sending the NC file but where is it sending it ( as the MC required me to select a Parrallel port and othe techno stuff)  MAch3 does read the files

in an I deal situation should I have a Cad program like MC9.1 on the "office PC" and then Mach3 on the "pendent / controller" connected to the Router

would these two computers be connected via a .........'parrallel port'......Maybe??
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:41:01 PM »
You could do it that way if you wanted, I personally just save the program to the hard drive on the "office PC" (read bedroom) then copy the program on to a USB pen drive which I then take to my machine.  I think the "sending NC file option" is more for your industrial machines which only have a RS232 (DB25 Parallel Port) to load programs on to the machine.
As Mach3 is PC based you can load programs into it anyway you want, floppy, CD, Network, USB pen drive, Email, I think you get the idea.