Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 01:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  General Mach Discussion
| | |-+  Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )  (Read 83452 times)
tivoi

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 06:46:48 AM »

are you have VISI pp ?
tantan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »

hi,

can anyone help me to become a postprocessor for alphacam (version 7) --> mach3 (turning).

thanks

antoine
the netherlands
Astroguy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 04:40:29 PM »

This may sound dumb but when i download the file and rename it with the .PST extenstion on it it stays a text file.
what am I doing worng??

Here the one I'm using with mastercamX, it only does 3 axis though and I've limited the feed to 800mm/min.

Edit (6/12/06) changed the work offsets in the post to work in Mach, will now do G59P7 etc.

Sorry I can't attach the post as .pst file so you will have to change the .txt to .pst after downloading

"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"
Hood
Mach4 Alpha

Carnoustie, Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 07:32:48 PM »

Once you have downloaded it make sure its not ***.pst.txt, if it is then delete the .txt from the end.

Hood

Cure
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 03:20:54 AM »

I'd like to modify a post file for MastercamX, to work with some of the custom functions I've built for my mill.  Is there a specification somewhere that explains formatting and commands found inside post files?  Or do I have to request documentation from both Mach3 and Mastercam?  Not sure where to start. 

The good news is that I'm into programming so all this stuff makes sense and I won't be nagging anyone for help.  But I do need a reference point to get me started.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Cure
Hood
Mach4 Alpha

Carnoustie, Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 04:29:27 AM »

Usually CAM programmes come with a post editor so all you need to do is pick a post processor thats near to what you want then change it to suit. There should also be a help file which should give you an idea of the way to use the editor, I have never used MasterCAM so dont know for sure.
 The mach manual should give you the info you need as far as canned cycles variables are concerned.
Hood

Cure
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 04:33:36 AM »

Given my obsessive, compulsive nature I think I found something.  Inside Mastercam X there seems to be a post processor setup wizard.  I'll post (no pun intended) more info once I figure out what the heck I'm doing.  From what I've seen so far, it asks for things like:

where the center of the axis are (for multi axis machines)
spindle min/max speeds
4th + 5th axis to be defined at mm/sec or degrees/sec
invert individual axis
custom g-code setups for things like coolant; mist, medium, high
...Plus a million other things

I think I found what I was looking for!  Grin
Hood
Mach4 Alpha

Carnoustie, Scotland

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 05:13:24 AM »

Yes thats it, it will also ask how you want moves to be written to your code, for example if you do a spindle reversal you may want to stop before a direction change so you can set up the processor to output a M5 before it puts a M4.

Hood

mdespain
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »

I want to know if the Mach 3 program has a post processor for the CNC Jr. machine from CNC Masters?
cowpoke

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »

Can not get the posted link to work.

Also,
If I download the Boss.txt and rename to Boss.pst, where do I put it in the MasterCam files so it can be used by MasterCam?
All the files I have checked relating to posts and machines do not have the .pst extension. If I select a .pst file in Mastercam I get an invalid file error.
Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
Print
Jump to: