Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 04:07:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  Mach SDK plugin questions and answers.
| | |-+  XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 72959 times)
Leed3

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29:30 AM »

Hi I have been using Lees plugin for the last 6 months or so and its worked flawlessly, so thanks for that, great plugin Smiley Ive just upgraded my machine to using a UC100 motion controller, which also uses a mach plugin. its seems that this is clashing somehow, as I now experience all kinds of issues including just stopping working altogether for 5 mins or so and then coming back to life without any warning or popup.

I just wondered if anyone else has had experience of using the 2 plugins together and of course any fixes or at least narrow down the cause of this kind of clash of plugin, never heard it anywhere before. It seems that especially when switching from continuous to incremental it freezes the controller, but every time.   

Also is there a public folder anywhere with older plugins for download? Id like to try one and see if it makes difference

Hi,
Here is a link to the original UC100 controller

http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html

Note the reference to fake controllers. That may be causing your problem. On another note, the plugin for the XBox360 controller for Mach 4 was written by someone else and I can't help you there. Unfortunately, I can't be of much help on this. I don't have a UC100 , so I can't test it against my XBox360 plugin for Mach3. If you can figure out an exact failure sequence, I may be able to look into the code and see if I can come up with a patch.

Good luck,
Lee
Hi Lee thanks for the reply. I bought the uc100 direct from the link so no worries there. I not using mach 4 im still using mach 3 their plugin is written is for either. At the weekend I even bought a genuine controller to at least rule that out.
I appreciate you dont have the uc100 so i dont expect you to support this. but since the thread seemed quite active i thought i might find another user who had similar experience and maybe a fix.

The problem seems to centre around switching from continuous to incremental, jogging just stops and then i cant jog from either the KB or xboxcontroller. ive found hitting escape seems to get things going again until the next time mostly it works fine until it doesnt, intermittent, the worst kind of problem. ive taken everything xbox related off the pc and reinstalled it along with a fresh Dl of your plugin and still the same. I like to solve problems but this has got me stumped.
One question I hope you might answer for me, where is the config file stored for your plugin and can I clear it somehow?

The settings are stored in an XML file generally in C:\Mach3. The XML file is the name of shortcut. For example, it may be Mach3Mill.xml. the settings are at the end of the file. you can use a program such as XML notepad by Microsoft (free) to edit it. that is strange that you cannot jog even with the keyboard. That almost makes me think the problem is with the UC100 code. You might try switching between continuous and incremental twice in a row and see if that fixes it. The UC100 code may be missing a pulse on the switch.

Good Luck
Lee
osrix

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2017, 07:50:47 AM »

Hi Thanks for the reply Lee, forget about it. Ive managed to replicate the same fault just using the Keyboard so it seems its the uc100 or its plugin at fault I coudnt replicate it like this before but just must have been a coincidence. sorry to bother you about it, i'll chase it up with the maker.

bcer960

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2017, 11:57:20 PM »

I see this is still an active thread, that is good.

i am building a new machine and have tried to get an x-box 360 wireless controller for windows to work. The plug-in worked ok, but when I tried to config, it said I need "dotNetfx3.5". I downloaded and tried to install it, and it said it needed more programs and to connect the PC to the internet. i do not have internet or even a phone line in my shop, so i cannot easily do this.

This is a brand new windows 10 with all the latest updates done to it.

Short of me taking it all apart, and putting it all back together in the house, to download this program, only to take it all apart again to take it back out to the shop...... any ideas?

Basically, I cannot open the button setup screen(after hitting config in Mach), and currently the controller will only move the X axis (if I push 3 buttons at once, while holding my tongue in the right place), and even then, it only sometimes worked.

Thanks for any insite.

ray
Leed3

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »

I see this is still an active thread, that is good.

i am building a new machine and have tried to get an x-box 360 wireless controller for windows to work. The plug-in worked ok, but when I tried to config, it said I need "dotNetfx3.5". I downloaded and tried to install it, and it said it needed more programs and to connect the PC to the internet. i do not have internet or even a phone line in my shop, so i cannot easily do this.

This is a brand new windows 10 with all the latest updates done to it.

Short of me taking it all apart, and putting it all back together in the house, to download this program, only to take it all apart again to take it back out to the shop...... any ideas?

Basically, I cannot open the button setup screen(after hitting config in Mach), and currently the controller will only move the X axis (if I push 3 buttons at once, while holding my tongue in the right place), and even then, it only sometimes worked.

Thanks for any insite.

ray

Hi Ray,

About the only option is to do as you suggested. I don't know what other files Windows 10 wants. Sorry I can't offer a better solution.

Lee
bcer960

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2017, 10:32:41 AM »

Ok, Thanks Lee
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: