Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:43:39 PM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147412 times)

Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »
Just ran the joy.cpl local test, window recognizes the controller and all buttons/axis work...
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2016, 06:21:02 PM »
Installed net framework ver 4, no help...I have the same net framework on both machines
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2016, 06:40:41 PM »
Hmmm...had the same direct X version as the laptop, but downloaded and ran the directx install...fixed me right up! All is well

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
Hi,

You might want to check.  These are the versions of software that I am currently running on my Windows 7 machine.  I was running a different version of Mach3 and had some issues.  When I changed to the version listed below it worked fine.

Mach3 ver. R3.043.062
xbox plugin ver. 2.4.0.0

John
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
Thanks John! I loaded an older version (2008) of directX and it started working!

Leslie
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2017, 07:43:22 AM »
Hi I have been using Lees plugin for the last 6 months or so and its worked flawlessly, so thanks for that, great plugin :) Ive just upgraded my machine to using a UC100 motion controller, which also uses a mach plugin. its seems that this is clashing somehow, as I now experience all kinds of issues including just stopping working altogether for 5 mins or so and then coming back to life without any warning or popup.

I just wondered if anyone else has had experience of using the 2 plugins together and of course any fixes or at least narrow down the cause of this kind of clash of plugin, never heard it anywhere before. It seems that especially when switching from continuous to incremental it freezes the controller, but every time.    

Also is there a public folder anywhere with older plugins for download? Id like to try one and see if it makes difference
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:45:28 AM by osrix »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2017, 11:48:18 AM »
Hi I have been using Lees plugin for the last 6 months or so and its worked flawlessly, so thanks for that, great plugin :) Ive just upgraded my machine to using a UC100 motion controller, which also uses a mach plugin. its seems that this is clashing somehow, as I now experience all kinds of issues including just stopping working altogether for 5 mins or so and then coming back to life without any warning or popup.

I just wondered if anyone else has had experience of using the 2 plugins together and of course any fixes or at least narrow down the cause of this kind of clash of plugin, never heard it anywhere before. It seems that especially when switching from continuous to incremental it freezes the controller, but every time.   

Also is there a public folder anywhere with older plugins for download? Id like to try one and see if it makes difference

Hi,
Here is a link to the original UC100 controller

http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html

Note the reference to fake controllers. That may be causing your problem. On another note, the plugin for the XBox360 controller for Mach 4 was written by someone else and I can't help you there. Unfortunately, I can't be of much help on this. I don't have a UC100 , so I can't test it against my XBox360 plugin for Mach3. If you can figure out an exact failure sequence, I may be able to look into the code and see if I can come up with a patch.

Good luck,
Lee
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2017, 05:56:11 PM »

Hi,

Note the reference to fake controllers. That may be causing your problem. On another note, the plugin for the XBox360 controller for Mach 4 was written by someone else and I can't help you there. Unfortunately, I can't be of much help on this. I don't have a UC100 , so I can't test it against my XBox360 plugin for Mach3. If you can figure out an exact failure sequence, I may be able to look into the code and see if I can come up with a patch.

Good luck,
Lee
Hi Lee thanks for the reply. I bought the uc100 direct from the link so no worries there. I not using mach 4 im still using mach 3 their plugin is written is for either. At the weekend I even bought a genuine controller to at least rule that out.
I appreciate you dont have the uc100 so i dont expect you to support this. but since the thread seemed quite active i thought i might find another user who had similar experience and maybe a fix.

The problem seems to centre around switching from continuous to incremental, jogging just stops and then i cant jog from either the KB or xboxcontroller. ive found hitting escape seems to get things going again until the next time mostly it works fine until it doesnt, intermittent, the worst kind of problem. ive taken everything xbox related off the pc and reinstalled it along with a fresh Dl of your plugin and still the same. I like to solve problems but this has got me stumped.
One question I hope you might answer for me, where is the config file stored for your plugin and can I clear it somehow?
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »
After writing all that I decided to pin things down a little, sorry i cant edit the above.

I think it has to do with the stick press, when i press either of the sticks it switches inc/cont but not visibly in the mach jog screen.  This has always puzzled me as to why it doesn't register in the GUI

I have set my A button to switch also, which does toggle the GUI light,  But out of  habit and convenience I often press the sticks. at a guess whatever command this issues is confusing the other plugin. I will have to get into the habit of not doing it as once it has "crashed" once the assigned letter key no longer works as a function to switch until reboot.  D pad use also causes the   the same isuue as the stick press.
I will try and only use the A key tomorrow and see if it happens at all with that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:38:51 PM by osrix »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2017, 01:29:30 AM »

Hi,

Good luck,
Lee
Hi Lee thanks for the reply. I bought the uc100 direct from the link so no worries there. I not using mach 4 im still using mach 3 their plugin is written is for either. At the weekend I even bought a genuine controller to at least rule that out.
I appreciate you dont have the uc100 so i dont expect you to support this. but since the thread seemed quite active i thought i might find another user who had similar experience and maybe a fix.

The problem seems to centre around switching from continuous to incremental, jogging just stops and then i cant jog from either the KB or xboxcontroller. ive found hitting escape seems to get things going again until the next time mostly it works fine until it doesnt, intermittent, the worst kind of problem. ive taken everything xbox related off the pc and reinstalled it along with a fresh Dl of your plugin and still the same. I like to solve problems but this has got me stumped.
One question I hope you might answer for me, where is the config file stored for your plugin and can I clear it somehow?

The settings are stored in an XML file generally in C:\Mach3. The XML file is the name of shortcut. For example, it may be Mach3Mill.xml. the settings are at the end of the file. you can use a program such as XML notepad by Microsoft (free) to edit it. that is strange that you cannot jog even with the keyboard. That almost makes me think the problem is with the UC100 code. You might try switching between continuous and incremental twice in a row and see if that fixes it. The UC100 code may be missing a pulse on the switch.

Good Luck
Lee