Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:18:35 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147387 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 11:27:21 PM »
Hi Zafar

Thanks. I'll look at it soon.

Lee
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »
Lee, thank you for your efforts in developing the XBox pendant plugin.  I see many are using it successfully.

I 'liberated' my kids wired XBox controller (actually a MadCatz) when they got the wireless controllers and have downloaded and installed the XBox plugin in Mach3\Plugin as well as the drivers from Microsoft for the XBox controllers.  My system recognizes the controller, it is calibrated but when I start Mach3, I get an error saying 'Plugin DLL Defective. Reload' followed by 'XBox360Controller.dll - Defective Plugin Found..ingoreing.."   Mach3 then starts but there is no XBox plugin listed to configure.

My system is Windows XP Home Edition - SP3, Mach3 Ver R3.042.040

I have downloaded and reinstalled the XBox plugin, recalibrated the controller, etc, but no joy.  Any help you can provide will be appreciated.  I searched the forums about XBox controller but could not find a similar problem.

Thanks   Don

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »
Hi Don,

You are welcome. What is the VendorId and ProductID?  They can be found in the Device Manager (control Panel - System).  Also make sure that you downloaded and installed the SDK mentioned on the Plugin page next to my plugin.

Lee
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2010, 01:16:12 PM »
I downloaded and updated the DirectX files/system and all works fine right now.  Thanks for the help.  I responded to this thread last night but I see my post did not make it to the thread.

Lee, once again thanks for your help.

Don
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Hi, I am trying to get the xbox360 plugin to work. The wireless controller I have is a sony sixaxis and is working (talking) with my pc using XP with a bluetooth dongle,  I am entering the vid and pid I got from device manager, then closing/open mach3 but it does not hold the values, it resets back to zeroes, and it does not dither the found/none controller option box, I did use Xpadder to get it temporary running but am concerned of safety. Is there something simple That I am missing here? As I would like to be able to use the plugin with all the options it has, Thank you, Robert

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
Were you able to solve your problem?  The plugin works with those devices that use the Microsoft XInput header.  Many clone controllers use the same commands and structures as the Microsoft Controller.  That is why they work with the plugin.  I suspect that the Sony uses its own drivers based upon a different set of commands.  Therefore the plugin cannot see it.   Especially since it is for the playstation and not the XBox360.  I think you just need to get a different controller.

Lee

Hi, I am trying to get the xbox360 plugin to work. The wireless controller I have is a sony sixaxis and is working (talking) with my pc using XP with a bluetooth dongle,  I am entering the vid and pid I got from device manager, then closing/open mach3 but it does not hold the values, it resets back to zeroes, and it does not dither the found/none controller option box, I did use Xpadder to get it temporary running but am concerned of safety. Is there something simple That I am missing here? As I would like to be able to use the plugin with all the options it has, Thank you, Robert
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05:38 PM »
Thanks for your prompt response, I think I will get a xbox360 controller, wired or wireless,  in time and extra$, if I get the wireless do you think my bluetooth dongle will talk with the xbox360 controller? reply when you can. thank you, Robert

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
If you get an "XBox360 Wireless Controller For Windows" it includes a USB transceiver.  They are about $40.00 on EBay.  If you only get the Wireless Controller then you will have to also buy the USB transceiver.  It does not work with a Bluetooth dongle.
Here is a link to the right one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBox-360-Wireless-Controller-Windows-Original-Pack-/320691218375?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item4aaaafa7c7

Notice the small white rectanglular item above the controller.

Lee

Thanks for your prompt response, I think I will get a xbox360 controller, wired or wireless,  in time and extra$, if I get the wireless do you think my bluetooth dongle will talk with the xbox360 controller? reply when you can. thank you, Robert
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 11:21:58 PM »
I installed the Xbox360 plugin without any issues (using a Microsoft Xbox360 wireless for Windows) and all of my buttons work properly with Mach, but my thumbsticks and thumpad will not come out of step mode jog.  I can press once on the thumbsticks, to select a different jog mode, but they will not provide any movement at all.  Another push returns them to step jog...but no 100% continuous jog functionality.  What am I doing wrong?

Please advise, Drafterman

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2012, 11:56:58 PM »
Hi Drafterman,

First of all, the thumbpad (below left thumbstick) only does incremental jog.  It never does continuous.  The 2 thumbsticks will be in whatever mode you set them as.  Go to Mach screen and hit tab. Then (on tab flyout) press JogMode button to cycle to Cont. or Step.  If you set it to Cont, the 2 thumbsticks should work as continuous.  Most people will define one of the buttons on the Controller to be "Jog Mode Inc/Cont"  Then you can shift in and out of continuous jog by pressing the button and then moving the thumbstick.  Give it a try and let me know if you have any more problems.

Lee