Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:56:21 PM

Author Topic: The Laser Project.  (Read 1191283 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: The Laser Project.
« Reply #600 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:22 PM »
Here is the same pic engraved on a bit of cheap generic 3mm ply.  350 x 240mm

This did blacken nicely.  Power 40%, speed 18000mm/min

I don't know where I found this artwork.  It has the name Seyit on it, so I can not acknowledge better than that.

Tweakie do you know where I could find the Aztec Princess?

Greolt

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 07, 2012, 10:31:39 PM »
Had a go at Tweakie's bicycle.

I have a long way to go to get the finish that Tweakie has demonstrated.

Greolt
« Reply #602 on: February 07, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »
Long way to go ? ? ?  I don't think so !
Looks like you are well on you way and nearly there.
That is one cool looking cat, nice job Greg.
Russ

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #603 on: February 08, 2012, 03:15:22 AM »
This leopard looks so much more better than the first one. Nice, Greg!

Dan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:36 AM »
Hi Greg,

The Aztec Princess is a test file somewhere on Ray Scott's excellent site http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/ but finding it again is another story  :(

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 11, 2012, 04:24:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

Just a heads-up to let you know that the English translation of the DotG Manual is now available on Béni’s website here http://dotg.weebly.com/download.html
Both Amatör and I are currently working on an English translation of the Post-Processor Manual and this will be available shortly.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #606 on: February 11, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »
Wow Greg, looks like your gonna be giving advise with Tweakie, rather than receiving it, in a short time. I'm envious of you both.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 11, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
You are not wrong there Sam. It's about time this thread had a few more laser users.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 12, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
Tweakie

If you have discussed this in the thread already I have missed it and apologise for not reading thoroughly.

Regarding M10P1 not turning the laser off until there is a subsequent move commanded.

Found this old thread where Tim did some testing on what was the current version.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12653.msg82436.html#msg82436

I might have assumed that this was fixed with the latest work done on the M11/M10 commands.

When I test it here (Version R3.043.057) it does not turn the laser off until another movement is commanded.

Now in most circumstances this would be no issue, as another move would almost always follow a M10.

However almost always is probably not good enough when it comes to something like a laser power.

Very interested to hear your take on this and if I am way off track or not.

Greg

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2012, 04:36:35 AM »
Hi Greg,

No worries, you know me, I am always happy to post my thoughts and opinions.

I have carried out extensive testing of Artsoft's corrected / modified M10 P1 / M11 P1 command set and can honestly say that I have had no problems with the M10 P1 command and the way in which it operates with a laser. IMO it is just perfect.

Perhaps it is common for us to blame tools for not working in the way which we want them to work rather than learn how to use these tools to our best advantage. (I have read far too many posts, on this forum, mentioning a bug within Mach which subsequently turns out to be a bug within the user).
The most important thing here is to understand the way Mach behaves, once this is understood then code and post processors can be tailored to suit. We all have our own preferences but my post processors always end the code with an M10P1 prior to the home move.
If you are having problems you could, if you wish, set your spindle to Output #1 then use the M5 command or, as an end command configure Mach to turn off all outputs then use M30 followed by a CR or %, which most post processors use as a standard program ending anyway.

If you could post a code sample of just where you are having difficulties or detail the problem I would be happy to investigate and suggest a solution.

Tweakie.
PEACE