Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:03:21 PM

Author Topic: The Laser Project.  (Read 1191265 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: The Laser Project.
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2010, 03:19:21 AM »
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately the existing software does not support ring gears which are not round so making one would be a lot of work but it would be possible. Perhaps Art will add this feature at a later date.

The forum is up and running and you should be able to access - there are quite a lot of videos there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gnNkMUje0 and pics of excellent gear trains made by Greg.
Of course Gearotic Motion has a much more serious side – making the GCode for spur gears / helical gears which can be conventionally cut on a rotary axis but using a parallel end mill. This arrangement circumvents the patent which was taken out a couple of years ago for this method but using an involute ground endmill. Some of the examples of gears shown on the forum are just awesome.

Now to find a copy of the December Nuts & Volts.  :D

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:31:34 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2010, 05:23:51 AM »
HELLO GUYS,
i AM NEW IN THE FORUM..I AM LOOKING DESPERATELY FOR SOME HELP ABOUT A 150WATT  2000MM X 1500MM LASER MACHINE I OWN. I ORDERED THE MACHINE OF A LOCAL MANUFACTURER IN GREECE!! I WANT TO USE IT TO CUT AND ENGRAVE ACRYLIC,WOOD ,LEATHER ETC. THE GUY UNFORTUNATELY WAS A SCAM(HOW YOU RIGHT IT?) AFTER A 5 MONTH DELAY HE STARTED TO BLAKMAIL ME TO GIVE HIM THE REST OF THE MONEY OTERWISE THE MACHINE WOULDN'T WORK.tHE DEAL WAS TO GIVE HIM THE REST 30% OF THE  MONEY WHEN THE MACHINE WAS WORKING(I HAD GIVEN 60% WHEN I ORDER IT)!!! FORTUNATELY I HAD THE MACHINE IN MY PLACE... HE LEFT THE MACHINE UNFINISHED(AFTER 5 MONTHS DELAY!!!!!!!
SO NOW I AM FINISHING THE MACHINE MYSELF! iI AM TRYING TO USE MACH3 .. AND I NEED SOME HELP..CAN ANYBODY HELP??
I WANT TO USE THE SPINDLE CONTROL TO MODIFY MY LASER POWER.CAN I DO THAT?AND HOW?
I WOULD BE GRATEFUL !

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2010, 05:46:43 AM »
Ntlaser,

Mach3 will output a PWM signal which is linked to the spindle speed setting and I have found it is easiest to configure it so that S100=10% power and S1000=100% power then just add the appropriate S commands to your program as required. Your laser will have to automatically insert the 'tickle' pulses as necessary because these are not sent out by Mach3. You will also have to incorporate a method of switching the laser on/off and various methods are available.
Personally I prefer manual control of the power setting but I intend to incorporate auto/manual into the controller I am currently working on and keep all my options open.

What is the make and model of your machine ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »
TEACKIE THANK FOR YOUR REPLY
THE "MANUFACTURER" TOOK PARTS AND ASSEBLIED THEM!! I HAVE 3 AC MOTORS 1000W EACH  WITH THEIR DRIVERS "MAXSINE". THE MOTORS ARE OVER THE TOP AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUGH THEY ARE NOT NECESSARY TO BE SO POWERFUL!!! I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM LIKE YOU WITH THE WEIGHT OF MY BRIGHE X AXLE.~ 50 KG!!!!
STILL I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW I CAN MODIFY THE LASER OUTPUT :-\..MY LASER SUPPLY CAN MODIFY THE LASER OUTPUT BY PWM PULSE OR BY CHANGE OF VOLTAGE BETWEEN 0-5V..I READ IN THE MANUAL MACH3 THAT SUCH AN OUTPUT IS POSSIBLE FROM MACH3.
ANOTHER THING IS HOW ACCURATE IS THE MODIFICATION OF A DXF IN G CODE USING LASYCAM!!AND HOW CAN I STOP LASER BETWEEN THE CUT, FROM ONE PART TO THE OTHER.SHOULD I USE PLASMA MODE?
I WANT TO POST SOME PHOTOS!HOW CAN I DO IT? I AM TRYING FOR 3 MONTHS TO SET THIS MACHINE IN ACTION..

« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
Hi,

It seams that you found a very bad seller and I hope that you get it fixed!
Please start a separate thread in the forum and I'm shure that Tweakie and the rest of us will help you get your machine working. And please take it easy with the caps, my eyes hurt! :)
« Reply #285 on: December 06, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »
Hi dar 303
How can I set a thread? Thanks for the encouragement!
« Reply #286 on: December 06, 2010, 11:12:08 AM »
Klick the text "Show"N"Tell ( Your Machines)" in the upper right corner, above this thread.
Then you will get a list of all the threads in this cathegory.
Then klick the "New Thread"-button in the lower right corner.

Some tips to get good answers is to write a good description like "Help with unfinshed laser cutter" or something like that and posting good pictures, we love pictures and it makes everything easier!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2010, 05:52:03 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am having so much fun with Art's Gearotic Motion that i just had to post another picture of some more laser cut gears.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2010, 06:17:33 AM »
Tweakie,
Yes Gearotic is slick but just don't have the time to play with it much.
I like the mounted gears as they intrigue even the casual user and make for a neat display.
RICH
« Reply #289 on: December 14, 2010, 08:47:38 AM »
fantastic
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**