Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:58:43 PM

Author Topic: Just got a lathe to retrofit  (Read 176951 times)

Hood

Re: Just got a lathe to retrofit
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »
I was actually looking at them but the ELO came along so I got that instead. I dont know how it connects but I would have thought going by the pic all you do is connect the circuit board to the screen and hook up the USB to the computer, it should then be seen as a HID compliant and work right away, you shouldnt even need to have it anywhere near the TFT and it would work like a touchpad ;) You could then load the software so that you can fine tune etc. Is it not working like that or does it have other connections that are not shown in the pics?
Hod

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »
I was actually looking at them but the ELO came along so I got that instead. I dont know how it connects but I would have thought going by the pic all you do is connect the circuit board to the screen and hook up the USB to the computer, it should then be seen as a HID compliant and work right away, you shouldnt even need to have it anywhere near the TFT and it would work like a touchpad ;) You could then load the software so that you can fine tune etc. Is it not working like that or does it have other connections that are not shown in the pics?
Hod

No other connections, just like you said, connect the circuit board to the screen and hook up the USB to the computer.  I load the drivers, all goes well, except that touching an icon does nothing.
There is no approved dental use for WD40

Hood

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
does the cursor follow your finger?
Hood

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2007, 08:12:25 PM »
I just reloaded it now.  Asks if I want to do a 4 point calibration.  It's sitting there doing that.  Last time I did that I got runtime errors.  There was an option when installing  to enable another PS2.  I've checked that before, didn't this time to see if it makes a difference.

Hood

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2007, 08:16:46 PM »
Have you tried without loading the drivers? you shouldnt even need them as windows would load its own as it would just be seen as a mouse,touchpad or any other input device. You may need the drivers for things like setting the double click area and putting a right click button on screen but it should follow your finger without.
Hood

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2007, 08:30:45 PM »
OK I unloaded the drivers provided.  Rebooted and windows is asking for drivers. Looking at the list of drivers winbloz has.  Any thoughts on which one to try.  ELO is on the list.

Hood

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2007, 08:34:21 PM »
just let it search automatically. You may have a problem if you have previously installed drivers as it may want to load them. However if its asking then I dont think that will be the case.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »
another thought, does the lis have HID compliant in the list? if so try that.

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »
I pointed windows to the inf file, now whenever I plug the usb for the touchscreen in it loads that.  The mouse is crazy, the cursor follows my finger 2" to the left.  I'll try to find that file and delete it.  Crap

Hood

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2007, 09:25:48 PM »
OK so at least you know the screen is working now even if it is screwing with the mouse. Do you have a web address for the drivers, there may be updated ones available which wont hang your computer.
Hood