Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:00:05 AM

Author Topic: Just got a lathe to retrofit  (Read 176956 times)

Re: Just got a lathe to retrofit
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »
Looking good Hood!

Keeping an eye on this thread, too!

Mark
Don't try to outwierd me, six eyes. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal.

Hood

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2007, 05:41:15 AM »
Mark
 Progress is slow as I am waiting for quite a few bits and pieces to arrive, then the fun will begin as I dont have a clue with regards to PLC and Marcros etc for Mach, thankfully there are many here who know better and are wil ing to help (thanks Brian ;) )
 Heres a couple of pics of the control panel (still got a few buttons to add when I decide what they are going to be ;)
 Also one of the computer, breakout and drives etc. The PLC and encoders are on their way.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2007, 05:50:16 AM »
Also meant to say I got the clutches for the spindle speed worked out the other day. I had managed to work out from the drawings I have the order the clutches needed to be engaged for the different speeds so went to try it out. Mark McGrath (Gridley51) came along to lend a hand testing and all were working except the first speed, thankfully Mark is more adept at reading ladder logic than me and managed to work out that another clutch had to be used in conjunction with the first one, so in the end we had all six speeds working. Ther is also a low and high ratio which makes that up to 12 speeds and then the motor is two speed so that makes a total of 24Speeds.
Hood
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2007, 01:36:36 PM »
Good looking control panel Hood! I like the extra large "cap lock" key on the left :) Is that a touch type mouse pad on the right?

Nice to have good help nearby. I've read a lot of Mark M's stuff around the web.

I may finally have a line on a guy who can help me with my Hardinge HXL boards (waiting for a call back)

Good luck with your project!

Mark
Don't try to outwierd me, six eyes. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal.

Hood

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2007, 03:28:28 PM »
Ha ha, actually thats what I thought when I saw it, said to myself WTF is the need for a capslock that size. Once I plugged it in I found out what it meant, there is a LED there that lights when the caps lock is on.
 Yes its a touchpad and the two buttons below are for Left and Right mouse clicks.
Yes Mark McGrath is a know it all, loud mouth Fifer, sad thing is he is usually right, especially when he describes what on the end of his gas welding torch ;)

Hood

Hood

« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2007, 03:30:48 PM »
Oh forgot to say its also a touchscreen so the touchpad wont get used that much but it can be handy at times.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2007, 03:32:58 PM »
I bet someone is looking for their touchscreen.  ;D  You lucky Devil.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2007, 03:45:43 PM »
I object to being called a Fifer,Splat.
Mark.

Hood

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
Why? could be worse, could say you are from West Lothian.
Hood
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2007, 04:28:31 PM »
Nothing wrong with Broxburn,West Lothian,Splat.After all you were just telling me the other day you originated in Corstorphine,Edinburgh five miles along the road.
Anyway will be back for more fish and chips soon as it`s your turn to pay. ;D ;D

Chevy,Splat also knows now that you have to pull the big red button out before a machine will start. ;D
Mark.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:33:14 PM by Gridley51 »