Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:47:29 AM

Author Topic: Just got a lathe to retrofit  (Read 176976 times)

Hood

Re: Just got a lathe to retrofit
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »
Went for the lathe yesterday and got it into the workshop today, first job will be to completely remove the lower cabinet and then remove the board that holds the servo drives, Then I can start planning out where my drives etc will go. I will probably be a long time retrofitting this.
 Below is a pic of it sitting outside at my house and also sitting outside down at my workshop. It looks tiny on the trailer but its a fairly big trailer ;) It looks a lot bigger inside my workshop. And to Mark, I know you will be reading this so thanks for all the help loading etc yesterday

Hood

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »
Hey Hood,
you nearly knocked your house down there when you parked it.

Mark.

Hood

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 05:41:20 PM »
Nah thats not my house, thats the posh neighbours house, mine doesnt have felt on the roof and the walls are just made of cardboard ;)

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »
Suprised to see it out in the open. I thought it would have a tarp over it. ;D You know what I mean.

Looking good. I'm amazed at the condition of it. It is just like you Hood. FIRST CLASS.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2006, 02:38:42 PM »
Brett,I was also surprised to see it out in the open especially since I want the GE1050 control and Hiak drives back.No excuse,that old leather/pvc coat he wears would have covered the whole machine easily.Never mind I`ve still got the hydraulic unit and a few other bits for the lathe which I`m storing in the canal.
How do you activate the smileys` in these posts?
Mark

Hood

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »
Yes that leather/pvc  coat that you gave me a loan of would certainly cover it up, in fact it has been a godsend as it was raining the other night and we were able to drape it over our cardboard walled house ;)
Hood

Hood

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »
Oh and if you use the reply button under a post you will get taken to the full reply form and have access to all sorts of wonderful things like smileys  ::)
 Suppose really at your time of life modern technology is a bit daunting ;)

Hood

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2006, 06:31:34 PM »
Hehe, glad to see some good piss taking in here!

Now I'll say what everyone said to me when I ripped the original controls out of my machines.

"You don't want to do that, It'll never work again" hehe

To give you encouragement THEY WERE ALL WRONG!  and now have to pick their chins off the floor when they see em running ;)

My VMC has been running 10 hours a day 7 days a week quite a lot recently.

Wayne...

Hood

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »
Sorry for the late reply Wayne, been waiting for some kind of comeback from Mark but looks like his age is catching up and his responses are slowing.
 Not got much done, ripped out the HiAk drives, removed the computer box and looked at a few things. Have made up an arm to hold the control screen/panel, it now swings from the top of the headstock and can be hauled round to the chuck or pushed out the way against the headstock. Also took the endplates off the motors and they are like new inside, not even the slightest trace of carbon, just shiny copper and brass :) Will hopefully be oredering some drives, encoders etc soon, I have settled on the Teknix drives, hope yours are still living up to expectations.
Hood
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2006, 04:20:31 PM »
Wayne,
you can believe Hood`s reply if you like,but in reality I have spoken to him every day.(My phone bill BTW,his woman won`t let him use the phone ;D ;D)
I also got him to throw the first pendant arm he made away and remake it so it didn`t look like something the kids made at Christmas with their mecanno.If he wants to deny this I`ve kept the photos he sent me ;D.
I`m going back up to see him soon if it`s not raining.

Mark.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 05:35:12 PM by Gridley51 »