Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:12:52 AM

Author Topic: Just got a lathe to retrofit  (Read 176968 times)

Hood

Re: Just got a lathe to retrofit
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2007, 03:09:33 AM »
I will be glad to see the back of the ferry, its been a long drag especially trying to get welding with the wonderful windy summer we are having ;)

Hood

Hood

« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2007, 03:37:15 PM »
Not had much time lately to do much to the lathe but today I got some time to temporarily hook up a drive and motor to the Z Axis. Had it running at 20m/min for a start but it was way too fast so I slowed it down to 10m/min. The original speed of the axis with the original control was 5m/min. Heres  a video of it moving, going from a rapid to feed to rapid to feed etc. The original clip can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqlHS4btXQE

Hood

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqlHS4btXQE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cqlHS4btXQE</a>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 12:03:17 AM by ynneb »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »
Good to hear Hood. Looks fast enough for an old fellow, and smooth. LOL Was the music you in the background doing the one man band gig and singing?  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2007, 02:53:28 PM »
Was the music you in the background doing the one man band gig and singing?

If only!! I would be a rich kid and wouldnt be messing around with secondhand drives/motors ;)

Hood
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »
Very good Hood but didnt it do that before it left Broxburn? ;D

Hood

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2007, 04:13:08 PM »
Well it sort of did, we didnt really get it moving much, there was no point in trying to work out how to programme the ancient control as  just after it left Broxburn the control and drives were removed because they were not mine. Another thing about the original is it did 5m/min (Although I never saw it do anything like that), it is now at 10m/min and had it near 20m/min for a few seconds until I chickened out :D
 If the drives had been mine this thing would probably have been running a long time ago but at the time I didnt  know about pixies so saw no use for them.

Hood
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »
Hood, You need to get this Lathe done or we are going to run out of pages in this thread ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
Tell me something I dont already know ;)

Hood
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2007, 09:15:04 PM »
Gentlemen,today I was in Arbroath,Scotland.There I saw a large Churchill lathe which is undergoing a Mach retrofit (I had never realised it took so long).Anyway the Z axis of this machine was travelling up and down the bed,sometimes in rapid traverse,other times at different feedrates,standing watching it was this little old guy and he had a grin from ear to ear.That grin never left him in the next seven hours I was there. ;D ;D
Guess who it was.

Mark.

Hood

« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »
well I dont have a clue who it was, never noticed him there at all, only seem to remember a great big fat ugly guy from Fife