Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:46:57 AM

Author Topic: Tempest Planning - Preliminary information and testing  (Read 333538 times)

Re: Tempest Planning - Preliminary information and testing
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »
REally, 2 axis is good and 3rd axis is rough?  Or do you mean your using x,y an dA for example?
Its true that using rotart is not perfect as yet in tempest, Ive focused primarily on cartesian...
but using x,y and Z should be fine?

Art,
I went back to the machine to look at what was going on with the tool paths I was testing on my machine and realized the issue might have been short segment code vs longer segment code, so I squashed my drawing and made a flat short segment code of the same surface. I set the jerk to 10000  and the bend to 50 units.  I set the feed rate at 4000 mm/min the flat program ran at about 2000 mm/ min and the 3d at about 300 mm / min. I guess the issue was more the speed of the cut possible with smooth motion, hence my thought about applying the algorithm to the two flat axies and proportionally pulsing the third as it usually moves at lower rates relative to the other two. I am running a smooth stepper to alleviate my difficulties with windows interrupts. so I would think that calculation speed shouldn't be a problem, I haven't built my 4th axis on this machine yet,  so my comment on that was just assuming that  if the 3 axis motion was a lot slower, than 4 would add to the problem.

Offline Bill_O

•  562 562
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
Art,

I used the Tempest on a large machine and it is amazing. We have some questions about Tempest and really need to talk to you. Can you please call 800-310-2887 and ask for Bill or Carl.

Bill

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »
Bill:

Sorry, but tempest is simply a technology demo that isnt any longer worked on. IF you have questions I can probably answer them. Contact me at fenerty@artofcnc.ca

Art