Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:15:32 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 mill screen same as lathe screen  (Read 5908 times)

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
Mach3 mill screen same as lathe screen
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:06:50 PM »
Like the title says, has anybody done a lathe screen the same as the mill screen. All the big boys screens are the same, Fanuc, Fagor, mits, etc. lathe or mill they look the same.
Ray.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 mill screen same as lathe screen
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 02:21:48 PM »
I made my mill screen into a turn screen by removing some things such as Y DRO and shifting them around a bit to suit   :)
Hood

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
Is your screen a touch screen Hood? and is it available?
next question of topic, you have a few machine on steppers right. I have done one with servo dynamic servos +- 10v  with dspmc and it great, had no success with Fanuc yet. I have an old Hurco knee mill and I would like to try steppers or servos but no dspmc just through the parallel port would do you recommend.
I do have a customer interested in the machine but doesn't want to pay much, and yet I don't want to sell him a machine that he will not be happy with.
Ray.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 04:56:55 PM »
The screenset is adapted quite a bit to suit my machines so likely wouldnt be any use for your machines without modifying. I have posted the screenset and also the folder with the buttons including original photoshop buttons so text can be altered. Cant remember where as it was in a post to someone else, will see if I can find and paste a link later.

Dont have any machines on steppers now, well the coil winder is but it would be a waste for servos alhough the noise of steppers gets on your nerves in a quiet place ;D
Steppers are ok, PP is ok but personally even with steppers I would use a SmoothStepper (new Ethernet one  :)  )

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
Oh BTW do you know you could use the standard mill screen in Turn if you wished? All you need to do is copy the 1024.set to another location then rename it to something else but instead of the .set extension make it a .lset extension, then paste it back into the mach 3 folder.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »