Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:07:57 AM

Author Topic: Am I Reading this Correctly  (Read 4130 times)

Am I Reading this Correctly
« on: June 28, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
I am testing some G-code and getting the feel of MACH 3 while I wait for the rest of my electronics to show up for my "soon to be" CNC Taig mill.  During this time I noticed an issue I would like some clarification on.

The "Jog Follow" button beneath the small display window has not been checked yet when I run some G-code there is a following line created as the program runs.  But when I check the "Jog Follow" button the following line disappears until such time as the button is unchecked.  Shouldn't it be that if I check this button, the following line is visible and if I uncheck it the following line is no longer visible.

This "following line" that depicts the tool path also does not appear at all in the display window when I am testing code in the MDI tab yet in screen shots there clearly is a line that follows the G-c ode.  Have I inadvertently turned something off by accident.  BTW, in all cases the DROS are changing values so there is perceived movement by Mach 3 even if there are no motors attached at the moment.

Thanks
John

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Am I Reading this Correctly
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »
Jog follow active means your point of view is that of the tool. The view is rideing with the tool. Jog follow off is like a stand back view where you watch the tool moveing around the tool path.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »
If you want the "Tool Position" to be drawn while the machine moves you can check off "Line from Last to Current" under:
Config/Toolpath/Line From Last To Current
You can also:
-Adjust the toolpath colors (in Mach4 you can change the background with a image and few other additions :) )
-Set "Origin Sphere"
etc..
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »
Thank you. Now I understand the use of that button.  I also turned on the sphere. Is it possible to alter the size of the sphere as it is rather large but that may be relative to the size of the image.

When will Mach 4 be available?

Thanks again
John

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »
It's going to start beta testing soon. And I think it's actually Mach3, Version 4.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html