Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:32:19 PM

Author Topic: How I made my pendant.  (Read 46800 times)

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: How I made my pendant.
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »
Schedule is beginning of october  ::)

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 12:49:30 PM »
Ah now that is a bad move, should never utter when it will be ready ;D

Hood
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »
Nice pendant!

I am just trying to find out what pendant I would like to have, any suggestions for buttons to put on a custom pendant?
For layout I like the MP-01 pendant from Homanndesigns, but I would like to have some features on mine, as it can be seen on the MACH3 screen when we press TAB...
E.g. I'd like to have pushbuttons for continous jog in addition to the MPG... So a kind of mix between the on-screen and the MP-01 would be my first thought...
Or someone with more practical experience would advise to have less buttons?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »
To be honest I am not liking the pendant and hardly ever use it now. When I get the Beaver mill completed I will probably just use the PoKeys in the cabinet to give me extra panel buttons.

Hood
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »
Thanks, your opinion does not upset me at all, tonight I just bout a keypad for start...
http://www.targus.com/Uk/product_details.asp?sku=AKP07EU

I want to customize this with keygrabber and screen modifications or such...
So far what I know is that I should study the customization manual :)

Anyway, what disadvantages I should count on if I use such keypad? (Versus Modbus or Pokeys inputs)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 06:26:14 PM »
Big difference is PoKeys is real I/O rather than just Hotkeys. With digital I/0 you dont need to have a button on the screen for the button you are pressing, example if you set up a button via the PoKeys and set it as an OEM trigger and set the trigger to X Axis select you can select that axis even if there is no X axis select button on the screen. With a Hotkey you need to be on a page that has the X Axis select button on it before it will work.

Hood
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »
So for those buttons I should customize the screensets... Acceptable tradeoff for the moment :) (If I can cope with the config. stuff)
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »
oh, btw. do you know what is the case with the XBOX controller plugin? does it connect to mach3 as keys available on screen, or no screensets needed for that variant?

thx!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »
I have no idea but if it uses HotKeys then you will need the button on screen, if it maps to oem codes then you wont..
Hood
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 02:41:30 AM »
Hood, I tried your brains as well and they freaked out mach. Weird.

So I copied them from scratch. They mostly work for me. The feature of going into feedhold works fine when you turn it down. But it does not come out of feedhold on turning up. OEMLED 805 never seems to come on during feedhold. Weird. I look in brain viiewer and it never activates. I also use the OEMLED 805 to activate the feedhold pushbutton on the panel as well.

Second thing is the spindle override is not working. The viewer shows Spindle% varying between 0-150% as I turn the knob but it does not effect the spindle.

Any ideas? I am posting this to yahoo as well.