Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:26:43 AM

Author Topic: Cut Circle,Passes,and Cutter Comp  (Read 4812 times)

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
Cut Circle,Passes,and Cutter Comp
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:21:22 PM »
Hello,
  Will the next Cut Circle, and any other mill operation that is similar, with new cutter comp in the next Rev of NFS, be able to Step Z down without having to come up,turn off comp,turn on comp,and then feed down to next depth of cut?
I dont see the need for all the extra moves and  tool comps, as i have edited the Gcode and eliminated all the moves and comps, and it works just fine.(Actually a lot faster)
Instead, Turn comp on at beginning , and then just keep feeding Z down after each pass,and leave comp ON till Cut Circle is finished.
I hope this can be put into next Rev,as it is a much more efficient way.
Thanks,
Troy

"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
Re: Cut Circle,Passes,and Cutter Comp
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 09:18:35 PM »
Ive had a few discussions with Brian about changes for the next version. At this time I dont think we will try to make any functional changes, just make sure everything works with the new comp and all the other changes. When we ar esure its all stable under the new release Ill look at making other changes.

You are right that the cut circle could be more efficient, but the basic idea of the wizards was to be simple and reliable.

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:40:52 PM »
Troy have you tried the RAMP feature in the wizard I believe that it will do what you wanted. Works ok here (;-)

Just a thought (;-) TP

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »
Just a thought on the cut comp. My Cadcam only uses cut comp for finish passes. It calculates a path for the rough pass by stepping the tool left or right by half the diameter of the tool set in the cadcam tool library plus the finish amount.

I've noticed some cadcams use G41 or G42 for rough and finish which to me is the wrong way..

John