Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:24:02 AM

Author Topic: New PoKeys Plugin soon available!!!  (Read 14331 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
New PoKeys Plugin soon available!!!
« on: June 06, 2009, 10:14:30 AM »
Greetings,

Art was kind enough to let me have the source to the PoKeys plugin. I have added to the dialog a way that a User can choose to MAP Inputs, and/or Outputs
both to and from the Pokeys to User LEDs, that way you can expand what you can do with the Pokeys, it will allow you to do more custimization with the Brian or Macro pump, or both..... to interact with screens, etc. (config area mid/bottom right).

a "Flash Driven" help file has also been added, so you will have info at the touch of a button (bottom left button)

Screen shot attached.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: New PoKeys Plugin soon available!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 10:25:39 AM »
Boris,

Can you get ahold of Matt?? Matt had found a Firmware bug, in the Invert output programming in the Pokeys.  He sent me a new "fixed PoKeys software, but when I loaded the new software the USB quit working.  I tried the "Reset" procedure that Matt told me about, several times and it doesnt work unfortunatly.  I sent a skype to Matt, about the issue and that I need a new Software that fixes the USB bug......  Currently I am unable to connect at all to the pokeys...

If he can get the USB bug fixed, I can finish up the installer for the new plugin and get it to you for release.  I had send the source code for the plugin to Matt, for his review, but with testing it turned out to be a firmware issue.

scott

fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »
I will call him...

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »
I  might have had same problem , It turned out that after upgrade to 2.01 , my 2 pokeys units would not 'go green' with any load on terminal 4 ? . Of course its no doubt just me ??

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:48:46 PM »
Please explain your problem more in details.
We can not find any USB bug, upgrade works flawelesly.

regards

Boris
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:24:29 PM by borisz »
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »
I will tell you what happened in my case:

The pokeys was working fine, with the last PoKeys Software, but Matt and I found a INvert Output bug in the software. He sent me a new PoKeys Software that was to fix the firmware bug. When I installed it, the software could no longer "see" the pokeys, it keep telling me that their was NOT one conncected and did I want to goto demo mode.  The Red LED would come on fine, but, when you would plug it in, windows would not see it as a USB device, even when looking at it under device manager. I tried the Reset procedure and several other things under Matts guidance none caused the PoKeys Software to be able to connect to the device, nor would windows see it or connect to it as a USB device.

scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »
Scott!

Upgrade was tested on XP an Vista, 32 and 64 bits and it works without a problem. It is tested on aout 50 devices.
Nothing on USB was changed.

regards

Boris

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 02:53:52 PM »
You told me you where sending a new Pokeys to test on since that last software "damaged" the one I have. I guess my question would be then, why did that last software Matt sent me, fry the Pokeys Firmware?  Just asking as a curiosity as to what you guys found that Zapped it.....  I understand that the new software will work with the new PoKey your sending my way......   Was just trying to be thorough in my Bug Report to ya.......

The LCD Display....  I saw that you said you may add this later down the road, Let me know I can add it to the Pokeys for custom user messages or other crap.....

scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »
Scott, I do not know the reason why your PoKeys stopped working. I have told you if windows does not show the PoKeys then also upgrade is impossible.
That is also the reason that I asked you to send me your device. That we can analyze it.

regards

Boris

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 03:06:24 PM »
Talking to you now on Skype, so Belay the last.........
fun times