That's exactly my devious plan. I'm SICK of spending over $1 for a friggin' bolt at the hardware store. I only need to make about 23,000 bolts and I'm breaking EVEN, baby!!!
As shown in the video, it was acting stricly running as the A axis with all rotations pre calculated, and what you see is the max speed severely limited by the Gecko340.
Later, I learned how to do some 'semi - documented' tricks in Mach that improved the process:
With appreciation for all those who helped me figure it out, let me say it is a pretty slick process. Only thing left to work out is the screwy feed rates. XYZ and A are from different planets in that regard.
Primarily I had to write some VB macros:
One handles the switching the A axis and the spindle using Mache's Swapaxis function.
Another swaps back and the re-homes the A axis (the secret that makes everything work) . . . and zeros the machine and DRO.
Another takes arguments and caclulates threading moves and passes the variables back to mach for use in a gcode program.
Friggin thing is REALLY fun to play with
I just ordered a Viper servo drive that will double the speed to the full 4,000 RPM