Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:47:24 PM

Author Topic: Help ! From Incremental Jog to a runaway !  (Read 10164 times)

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Help ! From Incremental Jog to a runaway !
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »
Glad it is working out for you!
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 01:50:25 AM »
I ran the machine today and did not experience any of the anomalies of before, I do believe that it was that pesky add-on that was acting gremlin !
Thanks for the help !
CRUISER
  Don
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »
Hi Guys

I think I may have been experiencing simmilar gremlins. Your theory about he pendant add0on sounds promissing as I too get that error, I'll try removing mine also.

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
Well guys,
 I have been running for some days now with neither glitch or hiccup till yesterday !
After running a program on a part, I took part out and deburred it, mounted it, and did some assembly to project, fumble farted about for a while, then when going back to machine, I tapped the Z to jog to a suitable parking spot to shut down, and when I let loose of the keyboard key, It kept on going ! It went another 6 or 8" before I got to the reset and stopped it. No fault showing, lights all as they should be, everything is up to date and as prescribed, as far as I know ! Either there is a glich in software or there is a setting that needs refinement, but I don't know what to look for here. I'm guessing something in XP is taking up the time and I don't have a clue what it could be, I'll re-check my optimizations, but If anyone knows what to look for ? Please ! This could get ugly if it run away and hit something, with an expensive cbide tool !
CRUISER
  Don

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 12:07:29 PM »
Have you tried a different keyboard? I remember hearing of some folks having lots of problems withhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wow! That was strange. While I was typing the batteries in my wireless keyboard dies and the 'h' key stuck! OK, what I was trying to say is that some folks have had problems with keyboards in the past. It would be worth swapping it out with another one to see if the problem goes away.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »
I do have a usb keyboard, No batteries, I have an old ps2 keyboard that is totally filthy, I'll try it !
CRUISER
  Don