Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:54:56 PM

Author Topic: New 3d Video Probe  (Read 41502 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: New 3d Video Probe
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
Steve:

Sorry for the sad news. Tom was a great pioneer in the video probinbg area. I had a few conversations with him on it, and his passion
was always evident. I didnt know him well, but he seemed a great guy to deal with. I was aware of his health problems which made
his dedication even more amazing than his knowledge on the subject.
   I always have this project on my back burner, and I will dedicate any future releases in that area to Tom.

My condolances to his family and all that knew him.

Regards
Art
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »
 I too am sorry to hear about Tom. He was a real giant  in video probing.  I knew he had health problems but since I don't visit this page that often was surprised to hear the bad news. We had emailed each other many times. It explains why he did not repond to an off line email I sent him about 2 weeks ago about a new green laser that I wanted his opinion about.
 While Tom was working more specifically on video probing my associates have been working on  topographical scanner that at this time doesn't use mach3 .
A preview of what can be done can be seen at www.grasp3d.com   . The software is not quite ready and there is a patent that is being processed. So there are no need for questions at this time. We are hoping all is done by the end of this year. 
Dan Mauch
www.camtronics-cnc.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »
I only knew Tom from this forum and I met him at the last Cabin Fever. He seemed like a good guy and very, very smart. I'm sure glad I got to meet him. I have wanted to try the video probing for a while but like most never had the time I could set aside for it. I had tried to contact Tom offlist with a couple of questions just this past Saturday so I could be getting the bits together I would need to give it a go. I will still give it a go as I'm ordering a camera and laser tonight. I hope I can get up to speed on the plug-in so I can help answer questions regarding it. I have no idea if I will be able to get my head around it yet or not but I sure hope I can. I will be posting my progress as I go.

Hats off for Tom.

Brett

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 11:27:43 PM »
Well, honestly gang I'm finding it pretty hard to express my condolences as eloquently as those of you whom have previously posted.  This week started with Crappy news, got worse and this pretty much tops it all off. 

I communicated with Tom on a few occaisons and like Art, always realized his passion for the Laser/video probing concept.  His energy and positive attitude were infectious and it was always a pleasure to speak to him and exchange findings, ideas and the like.

I am really sorry to learn of his passing and can only hope that he has found peace and relief from his illness.  He will be missed.

Sid