Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:51:28 PM

Author Topic: Pocket Problems????  (Read 2753 times)

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
Pocket Problems????
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:20:39 AM »
Hi, I am having problems with LazyCam ver. 3.02. I created a .dxf file that needs a pocket within a pocket with a pocket. I set the tool, rapid height, start cut, and cut depth for each pocket. The last pocket data over rides the data I set for the other pockets. Is there a method for creating a pocket within a pocket within a pocket? I check all the values for the cut information before posting the G code to Mach 3 and all is ok. I switch to Mach3 to run the code I get a software limit error, then when I return to LazyCam all the pocket information has changed. Not sure what is going on has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it? Thanks in advance for help received. 

BClemens

Re: Pocket Problems????
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:29:59 AM »
Can you program each successive pocket independently then combine the code? I'm not familiar with LazyCam but pockets are pockets and unless you are experimenting for familiarity, you can get the job done by editing the code. Sometimes you must do that chore anyhow as parts become more complex and becoming familiar with editing is equally important as generating it.

Someone used to using LazyCam will probably post too.

Bill C.

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket Problems????
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Hi, after a long night of experimentation with pockets, I tried replacing the outside set of pockets with offsets. It is a bit tedious but it works well. I am very happy. Have a good one and thanks for the help.