Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:33:05 AM

Author Topic: Circular Pocket problem  (Read 5168 times)

Circular Pocket problem
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
I can't get some of the DRO's in the Circular Pocket wizard to accept data. The position DRO's work fine (i.e., accept new values when entered), but the others (depth of cut, stepover, depth per pass) will not accept new values. The DRO box color changes, the typed in value appears in the DRO, but when I press enter the DRO reverts to its original state.

The Rectangular Pocket wizard works perfectly.

The problem is the same for versions 2.77 and 2.82

Is there a Mach configuration setting I could have inadvertantly changed that would cause this problem?

Thanks,

ventuseu
Re: Circular Pocket problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
Do you have a macropump running? There is only one 'set' of DRO numbers active at any time, and when the wizards are runnng they share those numbers with the macropumps.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »
No, the "run macropump" box is unchecked on the "General Logic Configuration" page...

Ventuseu
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 08:12:23 AM »
If its not a macropump I have no idea what could cause it. The wizards have no control over which DROs can be changed- it would be a nice feature but its not possible.

The DROs for the circular pocket screen are between 1020 and 1028. Stepover is 1024depth is 1027. Something else is changing them.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 09:56:11 AM »
Thanks for the information. I'll keep you posted when I figure this thing out...

ventuseu
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
The problem is solved (although I still don't what caused it).

I deleted the Newfangled folder in Mach 3 and replaced it with a newly downloaded folder containing version 2.83. The Circular Pocket (and everything else I checked) now works exactly as its supposed to.

Who knows, perhaps one of the shop cats has been logging in and messing with the files...

ventuseu