Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:16:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach MAD Plug in (Maintenance and Diagnostics)  (Read 93522 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Mach MAD Plug in (Maintenance and Diagnostics)
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »
Special Features:
   Mach MAD is a Real Time Monitor and Diagnostic tool, targeted
at the OEM manufacturer, Retrofitter, Service, Mach Screen Designer, or Mach Customizer. With it its 7 Non-Modal screens you can look at, Change or Press any: OEM button, OEM/User LED, OEM/User DRO, Serial Modbus Local Variable, TCP Modbus Local Variable, Read all the Smart Labels, Read/Set all the User Labels and Tickers. Choices are from drop down windows, there is a “Quick Pick” page that has listings for Buttons, DROs, LEDs and it has a “MDI” line for sending code to Mach3. The other pages are Object specific dedicated pages: Buttons, DROs, LEDs, Serial MB, TCP MB, Labels/Tickers.  All 7 of the Non-Modal windows can be resized, minimized, and since they are modeless you can do things on your Mach screen while watching the results on the Mach MAD screen, and vice versa.  Note: you cannot change Mach OEM Read-only DROs/LEDs.
You can also Pick a UserLED to show the Mach MAD dialog from Mach’s screen.

It is a LARGE plug in, so mach will take a few more seconds to load than normal. The User LED that you can use from Mach3 Screens is user assignable, BUT does NOT have a memory iwith it. Since the Plug in is not ment to run all the time. Just when you need to Customize, trouble shoot, or setup your machine.

The Help button opens a "Flash" help screen.

Cost is only $10.00 dollars, payable to my paypal account:  PoppaBear"AT"Hughes.net  (Remove the "AT" and replace with @).
You will need to send your Full Name and a valid email for me to send the install to you.

Screen Shots below.

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach MAD Plug in (Maintenance and Diagnostics)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »
remaining screens.
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »
NOTE:  The "Show Window" control LED Feature.  To use this, you put a button on your Mach3 Screen (and a LED if you want for visual conformation, but you dont have to). On the quick picks page, Tick the Radio button that Says "Use Control LED", then in the User LED # box, put the User LED # you want to be your control LED that your button on your screen will toggle on off. THEN YOU MUST PUSH THE UPDATE BUTTON, to set the variables to the status of the radio and LED# choice.

Hit the "OK" button to close the Quick Picks page. Then on your screen push your "Show MAD" button. When your LED turns on the Quick Picks screen will appear.
BUT it is a ONE WAY thing, to close the Quick picks or other screens you will need to close them like normal.  The Control LED you will need to toggle from ON to OFF and back to ON to once again re-show the Quick Picks screen, since the LED and Show is running in the Update loop of the plug in, it by necessity is a State variable.

Scott
fun times

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:00:49 PM »
Hey Scott, It looks like you have put a great deal of work into this.
Can you give us a senario where we would need this?
I know you know all about it, but for me its not obvious what it will do, or why I should have it.
Possibly a screen capture video explaining it would be benificial.
You need to look after remedial guys like myself :)

You're a good man,
                            Benny
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »
in an nut shell it lets you monitor or change any thing in Mach on the fly. Like if your designing a Screen set, or writing a VB macro, or testing your Modbus device, you can step through your IO, or change your IO, or screen values, states, what ever, adn watch ALL the things you are trying to effect from ONE place, you can also SEND changes of data out or read it in from all the DROs, LEDs, Serial MB vars, TCP vars, Labels/Tickers, push buttons all at one central point.
verses flipping through pages to see what is lite or what the value of that dro is, or openiing the Modbus test window, OR opening a Brain View to see what is happening with your IO. You can also send out G and M codes directly from the Main Page.

Hell it is 10 bucks, buy it and play with it, you probably blow more cash than that at one stop through the McDonalds........   I know I do......hehehhe

scott
fun times

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
I'm sure its good, but I cant think why I would need to do those things, and McDonalds tastes better.
I hope you market it well and get some rewards for your work.

Benny
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 10:10:12 PM »
oh well, to each his own..........
good luck to you as well Benny, do you and Jay still have your screen website?

scott
fun times

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:08 PM »
Nah the site died a death b4 we even got it up. It was a dumb idea at the time.

EDIT : If you really want to make a buck, I'd work closely with Brian to implement a new screen designer.
Art one gave me the source for scrren 4. They might even do it again. That way you could fix it and sell i as a third party designer.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 12:09:02 AM by Pythagoras »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 01:02:06 AM »
hey would you pass it my way the screen 4 source and I will try and debug it.........

scott
fun times

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 02:11:36 AM »
Id love to, but that was many installs ago and I no longer have it.
I would ask Art or Brian for it. Its not like they are giving away the source code for Mach.
I'd be surprized if they said no. Let me know how you go.

There is however one problem I see. While you may be able to fix the designer source, there may be display bugs at Machs end too.

BTW how are you getting hooks to all the displays and in outs for Mach? You could almost build a third party mach display, surely?