Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:54:36 AM

Author Topic: Write Wizard - No code output  (Read 10376 times)

Re: Write Wizard - No code output
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »
Andrew

The machine is a Tormach PCNC 1100.

andrewm

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
The wizards come pre-installed but will not work unless licensed. If you'd like to use them check out the purchase page, the whole set of newfangled wizards is $50.

http://www.machsupport.com/purchase.php
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »
I dont see where the WRITE wizard is part of the NFS wizards.
It works well here, up to 500 lines of code without the MACH license, unlimited thereafter. The NFS license is not required.

Perhaps you are not entering the data properly.

"In the WRITE wizard, enter your text, set the size and positions, pick a font then hit the WRITE button and it should post the code to Mach."

Russ
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »
Lets get this clear- the text Write wizard is NOT part of NFS, so it needs no license, and has no support. The most common issues are failing to generate code, but that is not related to a NFS license.

It is a very complicated wizard and needs a big set of custom macros to work- I have not studied it a lot, but I think there is a macro for each letter. See the first few replies to this topic about coping the macros if you use a custom profile.

The other problem that gets people is the use of an onscreen ENTER button that is required to cause it to add the code.

Someday i need to dig into that wizard and see how it works. But I use the free DeskEngrave text to gcode program, and it works great
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:17:48 PM by Ron Ginger »
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 08:53:04 PM »
Thanks Ron for reinforcing my previous post.
It has always worked well for me.
Just need to select a font or it won't post, and when you are ready (as stated earlier) just hit the WRITE button (kinda like the return key on the onscreen keyboard) and it works every time .... quite well I might add.
Good luck Carl,
Russ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »
ROn It hink there is a  macro for each font.

(;-) TP