Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:43:48 AM

Author Topic: My first attempt at a CNC build.  (Read 62997 times)

Re: My first attempt at a CNC build.
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2017, 09:59:20 AM »
Thanks Tweakie, I should have asked first. Do you think all the TB6600 are the same? there sure is a wide variety of prices. My original Break out Board is fine, it's just the one axis on the 4 axis board that doesn't work.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
Your guess is as good as mine - I have purchased some electronic stuff from China which is absolutely excellent and other stuff which turned out to be junk.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »
I don't like to buy stuff from China, but it's twice as much here in the US and it's still made in China. ??

I'll probably just unplug the Y axis and plug in the A axis and set up another program for a lathe. Seems better than tearing apart my whole electrical cabinet. Winter is trying to move in so it will have to wait.
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2017, 12:57:29 PM »
Well, I went back again and basically started over. I began testing any connections I could and check voltage. I had been testing the input from the 26 pin cable and at the break-out board. I was only checking the signal at the spot where the green wires are, then I finally tested it at the red and white jumper wires. There is a bad connection somewhere between the break-out and driver board. I put a jumper over the 26 pin connection and it's working great.   I have a better picture but Crappy photo bucket won't let me upload until I read 50 ads, or pay $15 a year to stop them.

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2017, 02:19:51 PM »
Here's the better picture. I hope to try Scorch works wrap program. If I can figure out where to start.

« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
Is there a reason why a couple of my stepper motors get quite warm even when they are not running? I was running a 3 axis project and not using the 4th axis and the motor got very warm just sitting there. I noticed one of the other motors was warm after I had the machine on for a while even though I wasn't running anything.
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2017, 07:42:39 AM »
That is normal for a stepper motor. They draw power even when sitting still.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »
OK, thanks, I noticed it before but they aren't so hot I couldn't keep my hand on it. Just not what I expected.