Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:56:54 AM

Author Topic: Modifying my M3 macro for arc initiate - Plasma Application.  (Read 10712 times)

Modifying my M3 macro for arc initiate - Plasma Application.
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »
My M3 macro currently looks like this:

ActivateSignal(Output3)
Code "G4 P5"
While IsMoving
Wend
DoSpinCW()

However, after "DoSpinCW" i want the machine to wait til it gets an input (arc initiated) before it starts moving. How do I write that?
Re: Modifying my M3 macro for arc initiate - Plasma Application.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »
Hi Halkintool,  I am just trying to cut my teeth on this Mach3 and and a plasma machine.  I was puzzling over the same problem when your post answered me.  This code worked for me:

While IsActive (input1)
 Wend

where input1 is my arc ok signal.

Odd really,  my arc ok is active high and I was expecting "While not IsActive (input1)" to be the correct solution...

What do your first two lines accomplish if I may ask?

The next problem I have is when you stop a cut, how do you convince mach to reissue a M3 when you re-start?  And distinguish between rapidmoves which don't require a m3 and regular moves which do require a m3?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 02:51:02 AM »
halkintool
You will probably have to use a Do Loop
Hood

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 05:38:57 AM »
Unfortunately the machine cannot think, and therefore does not know whether you need the plasma arc initiated, or not - only you know that.

The solution is to use a different code when you need the arc, to when you move rapidly.  If you use G1 when cutting and G0 for a rapid, then you are there. Include the M3 start up routine in the code for the G1. I take it that it does not matter if the initiate arc code is used, even though the arc is already on.

You could also include the code for M5 (if that is what you are using), to shut down the code BEFORE a rapid move, to avoid cut where it is not wanted.

In that case, your job would be completely automatic.

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
Hi Halkintool,  I am just trying to cut my teeth on this Mach3 and and a plasma machine.  I was puzzling over the same problem when your post answered me.  This code worked for me:

While IsActive (input1)
 Wend

Odd really,  my arc ok is active high and I was expecting "While not IsActive (input1)" to be the correct solution...

What do your first two lines accomplish if I may ask?

The next problem I have is when you stop a cut, how do you convince mach to reissue a M3 when you re-start?  And distinguish between rapidmoves which don't require a m3 and regular moves which do require a m3?

The first 2 lines lower the torch head. Output 3 is to control a pneumatic cylinder. The pause is just to make sure its come down before the torch comes on, the pause is only .5sec now though.

Im actually cutting parts now, the problem is the only control I have over movement vs torch being on or not, is the spin up delay which is 1 second. However, the time it actually takes for the torch to come on varies, so sometimes it comes on right away and sits in 1 spot for a second, other times motion can initiate before the torch has come on. So it will be very beneficial to use the "arc initiated" function.

Hood, where would you use the "do loop function"?
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »
I get it halkintool,  Torch height never dawned on me as I don't have it yet.  I am working with a G-Rex now and have ordered an mp3000 THC but am still waiting.
Hood, is the while loop a no-no?  My M3 macro looks like this:

DoSpinCW()
While IsActive (input1)
 Wend

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »
try
SystemWaitFor(INPUT1) ' Torch Input ready to go

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 01:42:04 PM »
Thats a nice one Jason, I can think of many situations where that will be of use :)
Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
try
SystemWaitFor(INPUT1) ' Torch Input ready to go

That sounds about right, thanks.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 05:29:01 AM »
Great!  ;D