Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:24:38 AM

Author Topic: Right Hand rule  (Read 10251 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Right Hand rule
« on: January 20, 2009, 08:55:46 PM »
This single page PDF will help you in understanding the coordinate system of CNCs.

Brett

Adding to this,

Rotational Axes The A, B and C axes produce angular motion (rotation). Typically, A rotates around a line parallel to X, B rotates around a line parallel to Y, and C rotates around a line parallel to Z.

2.2. Rotational AxesThe rotational axes are measured in degrees as wrapped linear axes in which the direction of positive rotation is counterclockwise when viewed from the positive end of the corresponding X, Y, or Z-axis. By wrapped linear axis, we mean one on which the angular position increases without limit (goes towards plus infinity) as the axis turns counterclockwise and deceases without limit (goes towards minus infinity) as the axis turns clockwise. Wrapped linear axes are used regardless of whether or not there is a mechanical limit on rotation.

Clockwise or counterclockwise is from the point of view of the workpiece. If the workpiece is fastened to a turntable which turns on a rotational axis, a counterclockwise turn from the point of view of the workpiece is accomplished by turning the turntable in a direction that (for most common machine configurations) looks clockwise from the point of view of someone standing next to the machine. [2]

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:29:35 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!