Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:12:15 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys setup  (Read 5367 times)

Pokeys setup
« on: January 09, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »
Hi again, I now have a basic switch,analogue pot and encoder working in Pokeys.I have a couple of questions interfacing with Mach3. First of all when I look at the Pokeys diagnostic screen in Mach the only I/P's shown highlighted are 1-8 and 9-16,these change state ok when I wiggle the encoder or operate a switch. I have one i/p connected to pin 25 in Pokeys and I can assign it to operate almost anything switchable in Mach and it works  but the diagnostic window does not register the input. Secondly I cannot get the encoder to do anything in Mach (it registers in Pokeys 0-256 ok) and am wondering if someone can go through a step by step set up with me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys setup
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »
I dont have my PoKeys here at the moment and its been a while since I set things up so its not fresh in my mind. From what I remember from setting my MPG all you do is set it up in the PoKeys software, which you seem to have done, and then in Mach go to ports and pins, encoder MPG page and set it up to port 10 and the pins you have for A and B. That should be all there is to it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »
Many thanks Mr Hood.I had tried many times exactly as you sugested and it would not work.Once again I reloaded Mach and it now works but I have another problem.In the file pull down (top left of screen)the installation is loading a couple of applications off my desktop without being specified.It used to have load dxf as an option I have now lost this.I don't know if you can help or should I post on the general mach3 part of the forum.I guess the answer is going to be to scrub all Mach3 off the drive and start again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 07:53:15 AM »
I dont think you can load dfx now, have you recently upgraded Mach to a newer revision? If so that will likely be why as you now use LazyCAM to load DXF files to get the toolpath.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:18:35 AM »
Yes I have upgraded to the latest version. It now makes sense.

Many thanks once again