Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 11:58:54 AM

Author Topic: New Comp Code,G41 & G42?  (Read 6510 times)

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
New Comp Code,G41 & G42?
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
Hello Ron,
 Wondering if wizards will use the new comp code, and will they use G41,G42 commands without the P word command?
Reason being is, I remove the P command and type in my tool diameter on the Program Run Screen in Mach,under the Tool Information Block.This offsets program to new Tool Diameter.
I do this to tweak program if i did not hit my size of part.Or to sneak up on size of part.
Thanks,
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
Re: New Comp Code,G41 & G42?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 06:11:02 PM »
Many of the wizards have always generated code using G41/42. As I noted in another topic I have found at least one that fails with the new comp code., and Ive almost got it fixed. I am testing all the rest to see if they have a problem with the new comp code.

I think all the wizards use the P word form, but they also use the tool number if you select a tool number.

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
HIYA RON does the thread milling use tool comp or just do an offset?? Would be nice to have tool comp if possible to fine tune a guaged thread(;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »
No, the thread milling wizard does not use cutter comp. As I recall it may have in an early version, but between bugs in the wizard and the problems with the old comp It was removed.

In my view cutter comp should not be used in simple conversational wizards. If you want to make a tool size adjustment its takes only a few clicks to re-run the wizard and generate new code. All the previous values will be saved by the wizard, so the only change you need to make is the tool dia.

Im sure others have a different opinion.

If I had written the wizards from the start they would not have used it, but since Brian wrote them, and most use cutter comp, Im not going to remove it from any of them,

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »
HIYA RON, Tool comp is the final tuning phase of Gcoding. The new COmp code works very well with a few exceptions.

Comp works very well for being able to fine tune the accuracy of your machine. Cutting threads it is  a must have(;-) In most areas it is also very important if you are doing precision work. AND the wizards are more than capable of doing usefull precision work.

IF you have compiled a Gcode program from the wizard that consists of several segments it is VERY inconveniant to have to recreate the entire program just to change the thread guaged size(;-) or a sized dimension to fit.

Please reconsider the tool comp in the wizards (;-)

(;-) TP